PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone try Tinkerbell's Titan ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142214)

deegge 03-27-2011 10:16 PM

Anyone try Tinkerbell's Titan ROM?

Just wondering since it's beta.

Tinks got an awesome looking Apache Rom that I want on my Titan! I'm half tempted to try that it. (I wonder what would happen?)

Have you seen it? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-apache...pache-rom.html

Hopefully she'll speed up the cooking! :) I can't wait.

darren.wlsn1 03-27-2011 10:20 PM

Re: Anyone try Tinkerbell's Titan ROM?

moved...

Tinkerbell 03-28-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deegge (Post 2074826)
Just wondering since it's beta.

Tinks got an awesome looking Apache Rom that I want on my Titan! I'm half tempted to try that it. (I wonder what would happen?)
Hopefully she'll speed up the cooking! :) I can't wait.

I have been running this Tinkerbell's 29007 Titan Rom for about a month with no issues. It is solid, good battery life, and great speed. I put development on hold as there was little interest. Maybe I will rethink my strategy! Thank you for posting.

deegge 03-28-2011 08:42 PM

I installed it last night to check it out. It does run very smooth! Is that you, the hot chick on the first splash screen? :) (Not a big fan of the 2nd Tinkerbell splash but hey, it's your rom.) Anyway it's setup perfect for Verizon - didn't have to do a thing - calls, sms and mms work right away!

- There is no way to turn off Data. I have turn Airplane Mode on, then off to turn Data off.
- When the screen is locked with S2U2, sometimes you have to unlock 2 screens. First swipe one screen (black & white) to unlock, then there is another screen (Windows theme colors) to unlock. Doesn't happen all the time.
- I thot I read that you have Google Maps on here - I didn't see it. Was there something else for Navigation?
-I was hoping I'd see that Windows 7 theme or whatever it is, you have on the 6700! :)

It is fast and smooth. No lockups. I can't tell about the battery use because it was low last night. I'll be testing some Roms until I get my TouchPro fixed. I'll be looking to see if you have make any updates to this. thanks

Tinkerbell 03-28-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deegge (Post 2075423)
I installed it last night to check it out. It does run very smooth! Is that you, the hot chick on the first splash screen? :) (Not a big fan of the 2nd Tinkerbell splash but hey, it's your rom.) Anyway it's setup perfect for Verizon - didn't have to do a thing - calls, sms and mms work right away!

That is awesome! Glad to hear that. Yours is the first feedback that I have gotten with this Rom, so I really appreciate it.
Quote:

- There is no way to turn off Data. I have turn Airplane Mode on, then off to turn Data off.
Yes, I stripped that function out of this Rom... I didn't think anyone would be needing to turn off data... maybe I will need to rethink that.
Quote:

- When the screen is locked with S2U2, sometimes you have to unlock 2 screens. First swipe one screen (black & white) to unlock, then there is another screen (Windows theme colors) to unlock. Doesn't happen all the time.
Humm... I am not sure what you have going on there. I have not seen that here. I will try to duplicate.
Quote:

- I thot I read that you have Google Maps on here - I didn't see it. Was there something else for Navigation?
Did you read the readme!.txt?
Quote:

-I was hoping I'd see that Windows 7 theme or whatever it is, you have on the 6700! :)
I just may port this over to the Titan... just need a bit more interest to justify the work involved!! Again, thanks for the feedback!!
Quote:

It is fast and smooth. No lockups. I can't tell about the battery use because it was low last night. I'll be testing some Roms until I get my TouchPro fixed. I'll be looking to see if you have make any updates to this. thanks
Awesome!! Fast and smooth was a definite priority in building this Rom!

deegge 03-28-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2075433)
That is awesome! Glad to hear that. Yours is the first feedback that I have gotten with this Rom, so I really appreciate it.
Yes, I stripped that function out of this Rom... I didn't think anyone would be needing to turn off data... maybe I will need to rethink that.
Humm... I am not sure what you have going on there. I have not seen that here. I will try to duplicate.
Did you read the readme!.txt?
I just may port this over to the Titan... just need a bit more interest to justify the work involved!! Again, thanks for the feedback!!
Awesome!! Fast and smooth was a definite priority in building this Rom!

Oh yea I saw the readme last night and forgot what was in the Expansion Pack. I flashed with the sd card and didn't run those cabs.

I like to turn the Data off when I'm not using it since I don't have unlimited Data.

The S2U2 two-screen-lock is weird. I didn't change any of the settings.
Keep up the great work.

Ultima 04-04-2011 12:04 AM

Sorry I should have posted before.

Been using your ROM for awhile now and its been pretty good.

I am having issues with the youtube player though. No video I try will work.

Tinkerbell 04-04-2011 01:36 AM

Humm... thank you for posting. What version are you running there? TBN 39.90 or TBN 39.91 Beta?

Ultima 04-05-2011 06:37 PM

39.91 Beta

Tinkerbell 04-06-2011 05:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up!! I will look into this issue! Until then you can run this:

HTCYouTubeQVGA-Official.cab