PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Accidentally deleted contacts? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13796)

jfrancisny 12-14-2007 12:16 AM

Accidentally deleted contacts?

I just performed the tweak that stops active sync from automatically loading when you start the phone. I did this to extend battery life. I had two partnerships set up when I did it. I added a dummy server source, then was able to access the schedule option and change to manual, and then I deleted the dummy server source. Worked like a charm, as active sync is no longer resident when I restart my phone. Anyway, I have a friend who recently got the Mogul. I performed the tweak on her phone and it seemed to work fine, however, she just told me that later that day she saw that all her contacts were gone. The only difference I know of is that she had never synced her phone with a pc, so there were no other server sources on her phone when I added the dummy server and then deleted it. Did I cause her contacts to be deleted somehow, and if so, are they retrievable?

jfrancisny 12-14-2007 10:12 AM

anyone????

Vertigo 12-14-2007 10:37 AM

Unless you have a backup your out of luck..

jfrancisny 12-14-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo (Post 142474)
Unless you have a backup your out of luck..

Unfortunately, no back-up. But I'm also curious if it was my actions that caused the deletion?

Keir333 12-14-2007 11:05 AM

Did she sync to a PC before she noticed that the contacts had all disappeared?

jfrancisny 12-14-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keir333 (Post 142492)
Did she sync to a PC before she noticed that the contacts had all disappeared?

No. She's still never sync'ed to a PC.

cykococo 12-14-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrancisny (Post 142529)
No. She's still never sync'ed to a PC.

She would have had to sync to a PC at least once for that deletion to occur...

jfrancisny 12-14-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cykococo (Post 142531)
She would have had to sync to a PC at least once for that deletion to occur...

Never, ever did a sync....that's why I'm thinking it must be something else that did it. There is still a pim file of about 385kb on the root of the hard drive, but I don't know if that contains any info. Can that file be read?

cykococo 12-14-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrancisny (Post 142559)
Never, ever did a sync....that's why I'm thinking it must be something else that did it. There is still a pim file of about 385kb on the root of the hard drive, but I don't know if that contains any info. Can that file be read?

If remember right, you can read it as a text file and might be able to export it back to outlook that way...

jfrancisny 12-14-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cykococo (Post 142571)
If remember right, you can read it as a text file and might be able to export it back to outlook that way...

The file has a .vol extension. I can't read it with notepad.