PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Websites with iPhone Interfaces (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13504)

Synned 12-10-2007 12:48 PM

Websites with iPhone Interfaces

Well I figured that sites designed with the iphone in mind would look and load great on our phones, but it turns out it doesnt work that way.
So far I have tried facebook and digg's version in iphone format, but they dont work right.

Does anyone have any idea why? Is there a browser for our phones that lets you view the whole web page, but zoomed in and out like the iphone browser?

Joe

ajk511 12-10-2007 01:44 PM

opera but they havent released a stable version for our phones yet. I read somewhere that they are making Safari (the iphone browser) for PPC, i think i saw it on pdaphonehome.com

tmorris52 12-10-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synned (Post 139770)
Well I figured that sites designed with the iphone in mind would look and load great on our phones, but it turns out it doesnt work that way.
So far I have tried facebook and digg's version in iphone format, but they dont work right.

Does anyone have any idea why? Is there a browser for our phones that lets you view the whole web page, but zoomed in and out like the iphone browser?

Joe

Try Picsel browser

mobilejray 12-10-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmorris52 (Post 139810)
Try Picsel browser

I agree - Picsel browser works really well.

LA1 Z24 12-10-2007 08:13 PM

I have opera, the java version running on jbed and it works great...Never had an issue with it. But with pocket plus 4, I get almost all the functionality of opera within IE

therussman2002 12-10-2007 08:43 PM

is the OP talking about the iphone version of seeqpod and meebo mobile? thats my big complaint, they work/look amazing on the iphone, and nothing loads them on the ppc

boubert 12-10-2007 09:01 PM

speaking of those type browsers what ever happened to Microsoft's Deep Fish browser? it looked promising, curious.

kilmarac 12-11-2007 05:30 PM

I had posted in another forum at one time, that there is a browser coming out called "Wake3".

-------------

Oct. 11, 2007

Wake3, a Silicon Valley stealth-mode startup, reportedly has developed a Windows Mobile version of WebKit, the open-source HTML rendering engine used by Apple in its Safari Web browser. "WebKit for Windows Mobile" is said to be available now to device manufacturers, wireless operators, and enterprises.

I havent looked today, but webkit.org is the site its supposed to be at when its release.

Vertigo 12-11-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajk511 (Post 139807)
opera but they havent released a stable version for our phones yet. I read somewhere that they are making Safari (the iphone browser) for PPC, i think i saw it on pdaphonehome.com

what you mean by stable? I use opera and I have no problems at all.

EGOvoruhk 12-11-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo (Post 140712)
what you mean by stable? I use opera and I have no problems at all.

I believe he is referring to Opera Mobile 9