PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   viewing PPCGeeks from PDA phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12764)

elgreek84 11-30-2007 02:11 AM

viewing PPCGeeks from PDA phone

is there a way to have it view the html mode rather than the wap/mobile mode that shows up. i dont have acess to search functions or attachments in pda mode

divxrippimp 11-30-2007 02:17 AM

You need to change the phones browser type... This can be done in the reg somehow, and with PIEPlus, and Opera full browser...

elgreek84 11-30-2007 02:46 AM

im trying to view it on operamini. no can do?

pdx77 11-30-2007 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreek84 (Post 132745)
im trying to view it on operamini. no can do?

Yeah, I created a thread earlier requesting that opera mini gets directed to the HTML site. But the response i got was it probably won't happend as it would effect all Opera Mini folks, and for some reason people using OM want to see the wap site and not the HTML site.

delawaresace 11-30-2007 03:49 AM

not me. i hate the way it looks on the wap site. to the powers that be, PLEASE let OM users view your site in html! thank you.

hola hevito 11-30-2007 03:59 AM

you can view the html on opera mobile
you have to change your settings from recognize as handheld to desktop pc
Open opera mobile > menu > tools > settings

signothefish 11-30-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hola hevito (Post 132771)
you can view the html on opera mobile
you have to change your settings from recognize as handheld to desktop pc
Open opera mobile > menu > tools > settings

I don't have mobile view enabled in Opera Mini, but PPCG still shows up in WAP. And no, I don't like the WAP look either.

Joeriginal 11-30-2007 09:55 AM

I agree do away with the wap view, I want the full version on Opera MINI. and while we are on the opera mini subject I have the Esmertec Jbed version of Java how to I get opera mini to stop asking for permision to internet access it gives me two choices to ask next session or ask next time but never to not ask again.

omegax 11-30-2007 10:17 AM

I well the site has to be the one redirecting us to the wap page. Cant we just request wideawake to reconsider using it.. Its a nice idea. But thats downright ugly and hard to use.

qwho 11-30-2007 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeriginal (Post 132846)
while we are on the opera mini subject I have the Esmertec Jbed version of Java how to I get opera mini to stop asking for permision to internet access it gives me two choices to ask next session or ask next time but never to not ask again.

Grab selector.utf off of your phone from the folder /windows/appdb

place it into the same folder that you Unzip the file below into. Run fix.exe. It will create a backup file of the original, selector.bak place the new selector.utf back into your /windows/appdb folder on your phone, replacing the original.

It should now never ask you again.

elgreek84 11-30-2007 01:17 PM

wideawake, can we change the page to show us html in opera mini PLEEEEEASE!!

dakidobf 11-30-2007 06:27 PM

I second that. I don't have a PC at home right now and I can't download anything of the site from my Mogul with the mobile version. It sucks IMO! I like the way it used to be.

rdwing 11-30-2007 10:02 PM

Opera Mobile set to desktop works...I think.

Genjinaro 11-30-2007 10:30 PM

Yeah, most of you might as well get Opera Mobile for this stuff, even if you do use Opera Mini.

pdx77 12-01-2007 06:17 PM

But this is the reply I got in another thread requesting the samething.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundy
I never used Opera Mini. But I would think you can change the way it presents its self (wap, IE6, etc...) to the site through the settings menu. That way it will not lock on to the the mobile site. I don't think it can be done the other way. Also it would change it for everyone, and might cause a bigger stink.

BTW, it is quite possible to change it so Opera Mini is directed to the full site, SprintUsers did it after people requested it.

But from what I gather is that it won't be done because it would effect everyone using Opera Mini.

elgreek84 12-01-2007 10:55 PM

Why would it be bad if it affects EVERYONE with Opera mini? They would come accross a great looking page, rather than than the, if I may, sucky WAP page which has no/little support for images and downloads and is hard to read. In my opinion, it would work very well in Opera Mini.

I hear whate veryone is saying about Opera Mobile, I think I might get it when version 9 comes out, but regardless, this forum should be loaded in HTML at LEAST for Opera Mini, if not for all browsers - I think PDA technology and PDA browsers are advancing to a point where we can handle a little html on our devices. AGREE?

wmdunn 12-02-2007 01:32 AM

I totally agree. Besides, there is a mobile view in opera mini . . .

pdx77 12-02-2007 01:37 AM

Oh I agree with you 100% The entire point of Opera Mini is that you can view full HTML pages quite easily on a mobile device. I really like how Opera Mini does it. Having Opera Mini direct to the mobile sites defeats the entire purpose of me using it. and I'm willing to bet that everyone who uses Opera Mini would have no problems if it showed the full HTML PPCGeeks site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreek84 (Post 133877)
Why would it be bad if it affects EVERYONE with Opera mini? They would come accross a great looking page, rather than than the, if I may, sucky WAP page which has no/little support for images and downloads and is hard to read. In my opinion, it would work very well in Opera Mini.

I hear whate veryone is saying about Opera Mobile, I think I might get it when version 9 comes out, but regardless, this forum should be loaded in HTML at LEAST for Opera Mini, if not for all browsers - I think PDA technology and PDA browsers are advancing to a point where we can handle a little html on our devices. AGREE?

gobmonster 12-02-2007 01:47 AM

Hmm, i posted about this once before

What i dont get is that some websites can identify a mobile browser, but i thought that opera mini loaded up websites on its server then sent them to the phone, so there wouldnt be any identification of mobile browsing

but yeah, the mobile site suks very hard, and i wish the mods would ditch it already