PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   could some please answer 2 questions for me about my mogul? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11698)

jondeak 11-13-2007 11:52 PM

could some please answer 2 questions for me about my mogul?

1- Could I use my mogul for navigation? sorta like a tom tom where it tells me to make a left,go straight...etc etc...If yes ,where and how do i get it,download it etc.

2- can i change my dialing keypad to something easier to use...maybe bigger numbers or a differnt style.
You guys are the best, thanks for helping me:silent:
stacy

PropagandaX 11-13-2007 11:57 PM

1. Yes, external bluetooth gps (for now) and a third party pda program (like tomtom), search external gps.
2. Yes, search for "mogul big button" or check the website ftp.

jondeak 11-14-2007 12:04 AM

ok, when replying to this post please pretend that you are explaining it to a 3 year old.....im fairly dumb, lol and i have no idea what you just explained.....do i have to download these things on my pc first and then onto my mogul or can i go to a website on my mogul and do it???? thanks !!

rvashi 11-14-2007 12:13 AM

1. You need to buy an external GPS and a program which works with that GPS unit such as TomTom or Live Search. Program can probably be installed from your PC to your PocketPC.

2. Do a search on this website for "Mogul Big Button dialer" It should be a 'cab' file which you will need to transfer to your PocketPC through ActiveSync or Mobile Device Center. Then click on the 'cab' file and it should install that dialer for you. You'll need to soft reset your PPC before the new dialer will show.

Hope this helps.

jondeak 11-14-2007 12:16 AM

whats a soft reset?

Musicman247 11-14-2007 01:18 AM

A soft reset is when you push the reset button on the bottom of the Mogul. Just like when a computer resets, the Mogul will re-load the Operating System (which is Windows Mobile 6.0). The reset button can be found on the side of the Mogul with the USB port (where you plug it in to the charger). It is recessed (sunken in) and you must use the stylus (pointing device included with the Mogul) to press it. It is located directly to the left of the USB port and under the Memory Card slot.

Sorry if I sound condescending, but you asked to be replied to as if we were talking to a 3 year old. I hope that I have come across as helpful instead.

jondeak 11-14-2007 01:24 AM

Thank you !! i understand (finally) Should I push the soft reset button offten to refresh my phone?what i mean is it improve the performance if i reset it every couple days or so??

Musicman247 11-14-2007 01:41 AM

Yes, it should improve your performance if you soft reset once every few days, or if your phone takes a looooong time to load things, or if it freezes.

jondeak 11-14-2007 01:55 AM

got it ! but it wont earse anything such as my contacts ets ets?

kcaegis45 11-14-2007 02:04 AM

Did you buy it without the user manual or are you really 3 years old and can't read? LOL
Soft reset will not erase anything. A HARD RESET will and it is done differently...