PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How many times has your handset been replaced?
1-2 99 24.57%
3-4 68 16.87%
5-6 17 4.22%
6+ 18 4.47%
Never 201 49.88%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 03:14 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
4...on #5 now. hardware problems only
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Just replaced my first one the other day... the little plastic tab that the gold USB contacts rest on broke out... They weren't going to replace it through ESRP either, they told me to call Asurion! They ended up doing an advanced exchange and now I have a refurb... NOT very happy about that. I have had the phone for only 2 months now, and I already have a refurb
Old 11-04-2007, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post
I'm on #6 and will be ordering #7 on Monday... I want to see how many others have problems with this phone. I'm fed up with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav230 View Post
I'm on my 3rd Mogul in 3 months. According to Sprint my first had a virus of some sort on it when I got it for my 2nd Mogul. I totaled the 2nd one yesterday when I threw it into a wall. Sprint didn't charge me to replace either phone so I haven't been tepmtes to change phones except for that new Palm phone with Google Maps.
Are either of you using a backup program?
Some Backup programs can ruin your system if you are lazy and use them for program installs.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jet
Carrier: Sprint

trav230 is keeping up the good worktrav230 is keeping up the good work
No the only backup program if you call it that is Active Sync to save my contacts, calander and tasks. I have all of my installers on a separate memory card so I just install after a hard reset or replacement. As for music I have them on the same card as my installers so it takes a few minutes but then I'm back in buinsness.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

rawr is a n00b
no backup programs here. i assure you all it is not a user issue. here's a rundown of the problems:

#1 - Bluetooth issues: Bluetooth turning off on it's own.
#2 - USB charging port was loose
#3 - Refurbished unit was in horrible unacceptable condition and bluetooth issues
#4 - Refurbished unit would crash frequently requiring constant hard resets.
#5 - Refurbished - Bluetooth issues and OS crashing.
#6 - Refurbished unit's screen has a whole row of bad pixels, bluetooth issues and abnormal drain of the battery.

Clearly the unit is a piece of crap. I have argued the issue with Telus and they refuse to replace it with a new unit. I'm thinking that if it gets replaced enough times they'll see that there is a clear problem and perhaps they'll upgrade me to the Touch. The sad part is that, feature for feature, the only other comparable unit available in the domestic Canadian market is the 6800 through Bell, but it's the same thing only uglier.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
I love my Mogul, still have the original day one version that keeps on ticking. Its all about Alltel I guess..... I've had no problems with BT, Ram, Battery or anything else for that matter. Everything works great.... "Knocks on wood" Never had a problem with the Phone or the Company. Used to have a treo 700wx which was also good, but when the Mogul came out I had to have it, called the store and because of my long standing and huge bill from multiple data lines they just swapped me out, even WAY out of my return.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

instrmntuvdeth is a n00b
I should be getting one exchanged tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll ask for a HTC Touch. I've been looking at the touch and I'm not sure if I'm going to like the interface.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc p4000

wolffpack is a n00b
Replaced twice. Once for spot on LCD. Second for freezing up on me like it was stuck in sleep mode.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
lol - I have just 1, one of the refurbs you guys keep sending in

Works like a champ.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor
I voted a couple months ago (never replaced), but will probably replace it soon because I'm getting some spots on my LCD.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan