PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New ROM (2.16...) is no more available on HTC (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10812)

telugite 11-01-2007 08:27 AM

New ROM (2.16...) is no more available on HTC

does this mean there will new one coming soon

rvashi 11-01-2007 09:04 AM

That's the idea....but who knows when that'll be. THere's a big huge thread about this called someting like Oct. 31st ROM or whatever. You should read up in there.

markgamber 11-01-2007 10:21 AM

It means it did more harm than good. Don't hold your breath waiting for a new one.

vibr4x 11-01-2007 10:32 AM

here is the direct link to the 2.16 update from HTC

http://download.america.htc.com/RUU_...PL106_Ship.exe

Downloading right now as i type this

telugite 11-01-2007 10:52 AM

for some reason, i did not have any lockups, i dint deal with BT though.

I am good with 2.16

Hope it will be better with the next ROM

reverland 11-01-2007 11:00 AM

I didn't have issues at first. Bluetooth was working great, then as time went on I would try to answer a call with my bluetooth and it would be off. Then it starting turning off in the middle of calls. I just went back to the old firmware, I didn't have any bluetooth issues with that version. I am surprised at the issues I had, I normally don't have an issue with something as major as bluetooth. Seems like there really wasn't a lot of beta testing on the patch. I hope they learn from their mistake.

telugite 11-01-2007 11:17 AM

Its again BT haa

now i gotcha. tried to use BT. its not smooth.

Baffles 11-01-2007 11:21 AM

There is another HTC page that somebody linked me to that has it listed. They have two download pages, and one is out of date.

TurboFool 11-01-2007 02:02 PM

My phone locked up for the very first time this morning, and since then my directional pad won't work. Looks like I finally see what you were all complaining about. *sigh*

ehanhan 11-01-2007 02:13 PM

I cant believe I flashed my phone the night before 2.16!

I was mad at first thinking I would need to reflash... lolol

monster28 11-01-2007 02:39 PM

NOTE: The ROM update version 2.16.651 posted on 10/24/2007 which had Bluetooth fixes has been removed. Update 2.16 caused some unanticipated conflicts in device performance. The Bluetooth fixes will be added to a future ROM update expected in early 2008. If you already updated your device to version 2.16, you can restore your device to the prior version by installing the file posted below. Please bookmark this webpage for future software updates.

http://www.america.htc.com/support/m...downloads.html

ebmorgan 11-01-2007 03:47 PM

I just saw this too....AHAHAHAHA.

I love all the posts about "my friend works for HTC/Sprint and he said a new release will come out on 10/31, Halloween".

More like April Fools.....AHAHAHAHAHAHA

No new ROM until RevA update....pretty much confirmed by HTC. Wow, I don't know if I want to wait that long. I might have to ditch the Mogul.

thomlanphear 11-01-2007 04:18 PM

I contacted Sprint last nite after doing the upgrade and seeing on Sprints own page about the Mogul having GPS available. They told me absolutely that the GPS was functioning and I did not need an external GPS but I did have to get software such as TelNav or Sprint Navigation. Since I was advised by my local Sprint person that Navigation was part of the data plan I bought I was aggravated but after having the Sprint Tech guy tell me at least 3 times I did not need an external gps I asked them to to give me telnav back which I downloaded and installed. He advised me it would take 1-4 hours for everything to be active and then I would be able to use the Telnav. hmmmmmmm
Well this morning guess what no gps. I called in and told them I was having a problem with the system still locking up since doing the 2.16 upgrade and about the gps. The new Sprint Tech said you need to go back to the 2.09 rom we know there are issues with the 2.16. So okay I will do it once again!!!!! I also explained what was going on with the GPS, she said lets redo the rom and make sure it isn't causing the problem and we will address it if it doesn't work. So now 2-3 hours later after redoing the phone I call back. Nice Sprint guy gets to hear my wrath because the gps still doesn't work and as I am explaining to him what has happened I can tell he knows that I got wrong info. So I told him I read all the online forums and all the horror stories and I am sure that the Mogul doesn't have the gps function working yet. He agrees and says most of the Techs at Sprint get their info from these forums also so he apologizes and apologizes but basically tells me that 2.16 has been pulled due to the issue with locking up as well as other issues, the gps isn't working yet and yes it is scheduled to be the beginning of Q1 2008, and he said he is very sorry about the run around but some techs rather than being honest just try to get out of the situation. I thanked him for his honesty but that I am really pissed about the fact that I spent $200-$300 and was told this could do all of these great things but it does none of the promised things. He agreed but he was sorry that he could do nothing for me unless I wanted to give the phone back. I am thinking maybe it is time to go to something proven instead of the latest and greatest. I did thank the tech for letting me vent. I think maybe now it is time to vent to some higher at Sprint. I am responsible for an account with 41 phones on it so maybe it is time to look at Verizon

Donatom3 11-01-2007 04:33 PM

HTC just added this note to their support/download page for the mogul

"NOTE: The ROM update version 2.16.651 posted on 10/24/2007 which had Bluetooth fixes has been removed. Update 2.16 caused some unanticipated conflicts in device performance. The Bluetooth fixes will be added to a future ROM update expected in early 2008. If you already updated your device to version 2.16, you can restore your device to the prior version by installing the file posted below. Please bookmark this webpage for future software updates."

Vinny 11-01-2007 04:36 PM

Honestly, other than being Sprint Branded, did it offer any real improvements over the ALTELL? I thought all the issues in the original 2.09 ROM were address in the ALTELL 2.14 ROM?