PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Application List (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10805)

Karot 11-01-2007 12:45 AM

Application List

Hello. I am currently trying to make my Mogul the best for my particular needs. All I really do on my phone is message (mms and sms), talk, do homework (write papers and such) and just surf the web. So my question is, what would be the best applications and tweaks for my needs. I understand best is based on opinion, but you guys are the guru's and I respect your opinions.

I am looking for,
-cube and touch interface (currently waiting on the new .cab release)
-task manager for exiting out programs.
-photo dialer that is compatable with cube.
-weather application that is able to add cities (i live in a small town not normally on the list)
-ringer maker(if possible)
-anything else that you think I would benefit from.

Currently installed (willing to replce)
-LedKiller (newest version)
-arcsoft mms
-number of ppcgeeks .cabs (dateintitlebr,batteryandperformance,mmssizelimit, nosendnotification)
-HTC X-Button (newest version)
-HTC Home Touch
-Hardbutton Mod (forgot name)

So if somebody could be kind enough to voice their input. I can find downloads so only names are needed.

Also with the program suggestions if there are any threads or common tweak done to them could you point me in the right direction?

I realize this is a lot of questions, but if you could please.

*I did search but did not find ones that seemed to help my situation. Maybe I was wrong with a few, guess I will findout.

sun365 11-01-2007 01:24 AM

What is HTC Home Touch and what is HTX X-Button?

Pibe38 11-01-2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun365 (Post 111177)
What is HTC Home Touch and what is HTX X-Button?

Use the search button ;)

Karot 11-01-2007 08:04 AM

Bump*

Also looking for a locking program. The normal lock works but it is kind of boring haha. And Slide2Unlock froze with my set up.

Darkness231 11-01-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karot (Post 111157)
I am looking for,
-task manager for exiting out programs.
-weather application that is able to add cities (i live in a small town not normally on the list)

-Task manager for exiting out programs.
Not sure what you are asking for. I thought HTC X-button did that. Another Program that does this is Wisbar or Wisbar Lite which also has a cascading start menu. But it is $5

-Weather application that is able to add cities (i live in a small town not normally on the list)
Check out Marsware WeatherPanel 2.0 . This program allows you to add citys by zip code and have radar on your today screen. There is also a lot about this program in the Pocket PC Software part of this forum

I also reccomend you take a look at Picsel Browser. Its a great browser like Opera mini beta 4
Also AE Button Plus is a great hard button remapper/multiplier
Google Maps
Windows Live Search
Oxios Memory 1.40
Resco File Explorer
Mortscript

Karot 11-01-2007 12:16 PM

Thankyou for all the suggestion. I will have to look at them when I get off of school.

How about the other application I am looking for? DO you have any ideas?

Or does anybody else for that matter?

*and yes x button does that, I am just exploring other possibly better options.

**Please excuse any typos, I am in class and trying to not get caught haha.

Thankyou for your time and efffort, I really appreciate it.

-Karot

Darkness231 11-01-2007 01:24 PM

I use Wavepad to edit MP3s for ringtones... and its free to edit mp3s and some other formats
But I dont use the HTC Touch Cube or Screen Lock ...tried em didn't like them

Link removed by moderator is a must if you text multiple people

Karot 11-01-2007 02:13 PM

What do you use for your today screen then? I want it be easy access to all of the common used things in my first post. Yet wana it unique and fun to use. The cube seemed to look that way for me. I tried iPhones themes but none of them seemed to impress me. Any ideas?

-Karot

Karot 11-01-2007 05:15 PM

*Bump

The threaded SMS app works great!
The browser I am still getting used to, but seems nice.

Thank you so much.

I am currently installing Pocket weather and iLaunch [I read that they are both great applications, So I figured why not try.]

Wisbar is my back-up to iLauncher since you already told me it works great.

Do you think Touch Cube and TouchFlo will work with all of the added applications?

Upon the installation of the other apps, I will update to everything I have installed and we can go from there.

Cerri 11-01-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karot (Post 111469)
What do you use for your today screen then? I want it be easy access to all of the common used things in my first post. Yet wana it unique and fun to use. The cube seemed to look that way for me. I tried iPhones themes but none of them seemed to impress me. Any ideas?

-Karot

I tried various Today screen apps, including the TouchFlo and just wasn't entirely happy with any of them till I tried Spb Pocket Plus. I have that alongside HTC Home Customizer (only use the big clock and weather in HHC), and have it set up so all the Pocket Plus icons are on top, and the clock/weather from HHC are right under it.

Forewarning, it is a commercial app you eventually have to pay for (30 bucks), but you can try it free for 30 days (and it doesn't have restricted features like alot of trials/demos, it is a full-featured trial), so it's no risk to try it.

slypher 11-01-2007 07:58 PM

I would like to chime in on your request for a locking program. I am currently using Slide 2 Unlock 2. I was skeptical of its use because i thought it would be buggy and a memory hog.

It is neither. So far, it has not caused a single lockup.

It does what it is supposed to, which is lock my screen :-) and it looks nice!

Be careful if you want to use it with TouchFlo because you must add S2U2 to the exceptions list in the TouchFlo configuration file.

I personally am using it with Pocket Plus and again, no conflicts.

-s

idiotekniQues 11-01-2007 08:14 PM

spb handy switcher is a great way to switch between apps and also truly close apps out of memory.

Karot 11-01-2007 10:55 PM

Ok after trying suggested programs and ones I found on my own I have come to a conclusion about what I am looking for.

-Plain screen with big colorful Icons. [Program for that?]
-Big clock [Like HTC TOUCH, however not that plugin]
-Battery,signal,RAM usage icons that operate in real time on today screen.
-A full screen keyboard [to sms message without sliding open]
-Weather Plugin [Using SPB Weather currently and am fairly happy, open for ideas though]

I like my device to be fast and not bogged down by too much RAM usage so programs that do not hog too much resources are favored.

Current Programs and tweaks
-HTC X BUTTON
-SPB Weather
-wm6 Palm sms threaded
-LedKiller 3.1
-PPCGeeks battery&performace,mmsnolimit,nosentmessage .cabs
-Arcsoft MMS

Programs tried and did not like
-Wisbar [To much lag]
-HTC Touch plugin

I realize by this point I have most likely become annoying, but I am almost done finding my perfect today screen and applications for my use.

I thank you alll so much.

I continue using the search function but no luck, maybe I am searching for the wrong things.

-Karot

sun365 11-02-2007 01:03 AM

nosendnotification ?

Currently installed (willing to replce)
-LedKiller (newest version)
-arcsoft mms
-number of ppcgeeks .cabs (dateintitlebr,batteryandperformance,mmssizelimit, nosendnotification)

What does nosendnotification do?

Karot 11-02-2007 01:07 AM

It takes away the 'Message sent" notification that pops up after you successfully send a SMS message.

It is a registry tweak that is done for you in a .cab

papped 11-02-2007 04:50 AM

You can try out Weatherpanel for a today weather plugin. Probably the best I've seen.

You need to find some custom icon sets to get it to look nice though, such as Son-of-Commuter-240 Icon Pak

Karot 11-02-2007 12:27 PM

Do I just install the icon list and it gives me options for putting them thre? Or do I need another app to place them on my today screen?

Anybody else have any apps for icons and the such?

-Karot

Karot 11-02-2007 04:16 PM

bump*

Hoping to complete setup tonight. I am getting my new phone tomarrow from sprint and would like to finalize my setup for easy transfer to new mogul.

-Karot

jyarbro 11-06-2007 01:22 AM

I am real new to all this and I have been looking everywhere for free software and I havn't found any on here that I understand. Or shall I say that I know what they do.lol but how do i get the
-PPCGeeks battery&performace,mmsnolimit,nosentmessage .cabs
-slide 2 lock
-and a real big clock for my front screen?

and if there is anything else that would make my life easier on here please feel free to give advice.

sun365 11-06-2007 11:04 AM

could you direct me to where I can find this cab?
I am going crazy from these notifications!

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karot (Post 111841)
It takes away the 'Message sent" notification that pops up after you successfully send a SMS message.

It is a registry tweak that is done for you in a .cab