PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

steps is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
WTF was HTC thinking???? 99% of people who have PPC are hardcore PPC users!! NONE OF US here just use whats already installed on the ppc. We add apps, etc. Why waste all the ram with random crap and then not release it properly when done with it!! wtf!!??? I'm still pissed about the OS sucking up 44mb on boot.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by steps View Post
WTF was HTC thinking???? 99% of people who have PPC are hardcore PPC users!! NONE OF US here just use whats already installed on the ppc. We add apps, etc. Why waste all the ram with random crap and then not release it properly when done with it!! wtf!!??? I'm still pissed about the OS sucking up 44mb on boot.
I have 5 friends who own a 6800. Not one of them is a hardcore PPC user.

1. My buddy Joby, I've explained to him how to delete files a dozen times.
2. My buddy Bryan. He is tech savy, but doesn't modify his in anyway. He is a user, not an enthusiast.
3. My girlfriend. DLR. I have had to format hers' 3 times.
4. My cousin. STUPID. I have to install themes for her or she can't use them.
5. My cousin's husband/friend. He can use it adequately, but I don't know that he has ever installed one program himself. I been setting his phones up since he got my old Treo 650.

Don't make up random bullshit quotes. Not one of those people even know there is a problem with the device. If I explained it to them 2 of the 5 would follow. The third would be so pissed he would have me calling Sprint demanding fixes and patches. He might even go as far as returning the phone.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
I have 5 friends who own a 6800. Not one of them is a hardcore PPC user.

1. My buddy Joby, I've explained to him how to delete files a dozen times.
2. My buddy Bryan. He is tech savy, but doesn't modify his in anyway. He is a user, not an enthusiast.
3. My girlfriend. DLR. I have had to format hers' 3 times.
4. My cousin. STUPID. I have to install themes for her or she can't use them.
5. My cousin's husband/friend. He can use it adequately, but I don't know that he has ever installed one program himself. I been setting his phones up since he got my old Treo 650.

Don't make up random bullshit quotes. Not one of those people even know there is a problem with the device. If I explained it to them 2 of the 5 would follow. The third would be so pissed he would have me calling Sprint demanding fixes and patches. He might even go as far as returning the phone.
are any of those people members of this forum? HELL NO. Speak for yourself when you post shit about other folks. Now back to what I was talking about...

99% of folks who use ppc install extra software. There should be no reason whatsoever the OS eats that much ram. We all have the ram issue just becuz your friends don't install shit doesn't mean their's isn't messed up also. I do see why assholes like u gotta come on here and start talkin shit when you don't even know what the hell ur talkin about.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
are any of those people members of this forum? HELL NO. Speak for yourself when you post shit about other folks. Now back to what I was talking about...

99% of folks who use ppc install extra software. There should be no reason whatsoever the OS eats that much ram. We all have the ram issue just becuz your friends don't install shit doesn't mean their's isn't messed up also. I do see why assholes like u gotta come on here and start talkin shit when you don't even know what the hell ur talkin about.
I know two people with moguls, one is a hardcore tweaker like me, and the other doesnt have a clue what he is doing with a phone like this (mainly got it cause i told him i could watch youtube on it)

N-e ways, the sprint junk has almost nothing to do with the amount of ram being used, it maybe accounts for 2-3 mbs on start up, when you compare that to the amount that gets sucked up by the "cache" (which is utter bs to me), it doesnt even matter

i remember, after cutting a whole lot of stuff out, i had my mogul starting up at around 27mbs (after oxios ran), but it still found a way to suk more than half of that into its
"cache", and the only thing that seems to stop my memory from going into the black whole is restarting the phone

wm6 is a ram eater, period, wm5 is a ram eater too, it sucks more than half of 64mb off rip just like wm6, the only thing we can do is try to make memory stop disappearing
Old 10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
I know two people with moguls, one is a hardcore tweaker like me, and the other doesnt have a clue what he is doing with a phone like this (mainly got it cause i told him i could watch youtube on it)

N-e ways, the sprint junk has almost nothing to do with the amount of ram being used, it maybe accounts for 2-3 mbs on start up, when you compare that to the amount that gets sucked up by the "cache" (which is utter bs to me), it doesnt even matter

i remember, after cutting a whole lot of stuff out, i had my mogul starting up at around 27mbs (after oxios ran), but it still found a way to suk more than half of that into its
"cache", and the only thing that seems to stop my memory from going into the black whole is restarting the phone

wm6 is a ram eater, period, wm5 is a ram eater too, it sucks more than half of 64mb off rip just like wm6, the only thing we can do is try to make memory stop disappearing
Hopefully soon we can get some kitchens or full custom roms that use very little ram. It just annoys me I have to reset almost every 2 hours or so now or not menus will open and it's very sluggish. I don't see why HTC didn't pack these ppc with 128 or 256mb of ram. If we had that it wouldn't matter if WM6 ate ram...unless it kept going until till all the ram was gone lol
Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:

Get a life, and quit flaming ls3mach for calling you on your made up "facts"
Who's talking shit and speaking for other people...YOU.
Who is making numbers and figures..YOU
Who doesn't know what they are talking about...YOU
Who is the asshole coming on here and talking shit and jumping on other people....YOU

Sorry for all the swearing harshness but apparently that's all you can comprehend, as for your grasp of ppc's, if you knew much you would know HTC has other models with more memory and less and will obviously be making ones with more memory in the future, Kaiser Touch etc.

Anyone who didn't anticipate memory shortage possibility, given the specs, probably shouldn't be talking like they are an expert know it all.

The 6800 isn't cutting edge, but it is what it is.

Last edited by Primenall; 10-23-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Who is the asshole coming on here and talking shit and jumping on other people....YOU

Sorry for all the swearing harshness but apparently that's all you can comprehend, as for your grasp of ppc's, if you knew much you would know HTC has other models with more memory and less and will obviously be making ones with more memory in the future, Kaiser Touch etc.

Anyone who didn't anticipate memory shortage possibility, given the specs, probably shouldn't be talking like they are an expert know it all.

LMAO....HATER
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post

I guess all dumb asses that don't understand the concept of ppc's stick together since it is apparent you know NOTHING about about the subject.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:18 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Actually, he obviously knows more than you...
Old 10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mustangt is a n00b
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Actually, he obviously knows more than you...
Yeah, steps is showing his lack of intelligence again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan