PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Thunderbolt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=307)
-   -   Battery Life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141896)

JSK0703 03-21-2011 11:12 PM

Re: Battery Life

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 2071726)
Had you used the Blockbuster app prior to upgrading it? Jus curious as to if/why it would be a data hog if it's never opened.

I had an issue with that app as well. On launch day I clicked it just to see what it was. That was a big mistake. That night I had the biggest issue with battery life.

I later found that the app was still running as a service along with Bitbop. I cancelled those services and have avoided them like the plague since then.

coolpoete 03-22-2011 06:57 PM

I'd be interested to see how you guys fare with this hack:

How To Switch Between 3G And 4G On HTC Thunderbolt

Let us know, I'm pretty sure I'm getting this phone, it's just a matter of saving some money.

Adrianh85 03-23-2011 01:22 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

While in a full 4G area I'm getting great battery life all day charge

moosen34 03-24-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolpoete (Post 2072236)
I'd be interested to see how you guys fare with this hack:

How To Switch Between 3G And 4G On HTC Thunderbolt

Let us know, I'm pretty sure I'm getting this phone, it's just a matter of saving some money.

Funny thing is that I just did this today because I'm not in a 4G area and I've read that the phone continues to search for 4G regardless which kills the battery. I can't say for sure that the battery is better, although I believe it is, but one thing I can say is that browsing the internet is actually faster for me because the phone goes straight to transferring data immediately without searching for a better connection! I'm quite confident it will increase the battery power as well on top of it so I'm happy it's an option!

azbobs 03-26-2011 06:21 PM

Get an extended battery so far I have been very happy this week, just got it! Has last 13 hours during my shift at work. I listened to music probably have the night. Made about an avg of 10 text,s 5avg of 8 calls. Had the aquarium live wallpaper running and have screen dim after a minute, 50% on brightness. Will have to drain it down a few times and get a good full charge and see how it is then. I only used the original battery 2 days before I got the extended. Seemed to last with the same conditions for about 6 to 7 hours...

Cheers,
Azbobs

what,s everyone using to root these since Verizon are being bung holes and not rooting...

Padron26 03-27-2011 07:05 AM

If you want increased battery life install a rom.

Check out easy root with s off

Straitup27 03-27-2011 08:00 PM

or install green power from the market,haven't had to look at a charger till i plug in for the overnight charge since the first day i got the phone and started using the app,they have a free version as well which i tried and was so successful i ended up buying the premium

azbobs 03-28-2011 10:30 AM

Will have to try the green application then. I have not decided if I want to root and change rom's yet. Not seeing the huge advantage as of yet other the losing alot of sleep and hoping they developer updates their roms. Seeing you get no more updates from your provider when you do so.

I was a firm believer of rooting & rom's with my inc, touch pro2. For me I am working too much to have to go through all that is needed and the hidden issues that come with this. I know that I have only had the phone a week and not really having any issues, even with the bloat ware it's running flawless for me. Ask me a month from now and I may being telling another story once I get bored with the phone and sure I will root & rom. You can always get the updates that are put out in the new rom,s sooner or later. I will tell you I have already downloaded the virus rom and the easy root.... Just have not pulled the trigger yet!

:razz:

For now I am enjoying the TB.... I told my grandma I had TB she said oh my... then explained it's the ThunderBolt!!!!! She laughed!!

Good luck to all that root & rom,,, sure I will sooner or later.

Cheers,
Azbobs