PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Rezound (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=409)
-   -   Got the HTC Rezound yesterday (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148009)

Riley 11-16-2011 12:25 PM

Got the HTC Rezound yesterday

Let me know if you have any questions? Haven't done much other than set up email and panels. So far so good. Pretty impressive. Wasn't my first choice (RAZR) but that didn't work out so good. So anyone else get this yet? Thanks!

Tinkerbell 11-16-2011 08:31 PM

Re: Got the HTC Rezound yesterday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2155881)
Wasn't my first choice (RAZR) but that didn't work out so good. So anyone else get this yet? Thanks!

What happened with the RAZR? What didn't you like about it Riley?

fixxxer2012 11-16-2011 08:52 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ill be getting a rezound too as soon as i find a deal on craigslist.

Riley 11-16-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2155976)
What happened with the RAZR? What didn't you like about it Riley?

Yep, I liked it for sure but here is what I posted:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2155576-post13.html

also noticed this on pocketnow which sealed the deal for me:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2155807-post14.html

Just my opinion, but I can not believe how many devices are released now with major bugs like this data disconnect thing. I mean people are forking over 200-300 bucks for these and you have to wait another 60 days for the fix?? That would put it almost 5 months after the bionic release. Just not willing to deal with it. Overall it was nice and I probably would have kept it if
issue was not present. I wanted to try something new non htc but what the heck. lol. I am very happy with the Rezound. Data is working much better and its really better than I thought. It actually more comfortable to hold, width is considerably thinner. Screen is really nice!

Tinkerbell 11-16-2011 11:20 PM

Humm... very interesting. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. Thank you for the information and review!

Riley 11-17-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2156012)
Humm... very interesting. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. Thank you for the information and review!

No problem. I liked it but the Rezound is the real deal. No data issues what so ever. And the screen is just awesome. The back cover has a grip on it as well which is very comfortable and useful. HTC really did a good job with this one!

piscesjoey 11-17-2011 05:11 PM

Had no idea you switched networks all together Riley, but damn good choice on getting the Rezound.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

fixxxer2012 11-17-2011 05:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Im trying to get a rezound myself.

Riley 11-17-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesjoey (Post 2156117)
Had no idea you switched networks all together Riley, but damn good choice on getting the Rezound.

Thanks man. I wanted to try something new ideally but the RAZR just didn't work for me. If the SG2 was on Verizon, I would have more to think about. lol.

fixxxer2012 11-17-2011 06:58 PM

Enjoy the rezound.

piscesjoey 11-17-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2156124)
Thanks man. I wanted to try something new ideally but the RAZR just didn't work for me. If the SG2 was on Verizon, I would have more to think about. lol.

Has full root been achieved yet for it?

fixxxer2012 11-17-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscesjoey
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2156124)

Has full root been achieved yet for it?

Just temp root. Ive heard jcase is working on s-off.

Mazzakre 11-19-2011 05:52 PM

Im thinking of switching from Sprint to VZW myself and getting the Rezound. No 4g here from sprint and the 3g is spotty and slow at best. VZW has 4g throughout the area. Just waiting for full root and maybe some rom's before I make the switch

fixxxer2012 11-19-2011 06:57 PM

S-off hopefully will be here by xmas. If not ill have to consider the nexus.

Straitup27 11-21-2011 11:58 PM

proud to say mine is on it's way in the mail,loved my thunderbolt so i had to cop the Rezound........once you go 4g you don't go back...lol

Riley 11-22-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straitup27 (Post 2156775)
proud to say mine is on it's way in the mail,loved my thunderbolt so i had to cop the Rezound........once you go 4g you don't go back...lol

cool man. I'm really liking it :)

fixxxer2012 11-22-2011 09:39 PM

Ill get one once the price drops.

scrosler 11-26-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2155881)
Let me know if you have any questions? Haven't done much other than set up email and panels. So far so good. Pretty impressive. Wasn't my first choice (RAZR) but that didn't work out so good. So anyone else get this yet? Thanks!

Getting mine on Wednesday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2156936)

Ill get one once the price drops.

Is a penny low enough?

http://www.scottsroms.com/general/images/rezound.png

David J. 12-02-2011 12:08 AM

I got one going from a Touch Pro 2 to this sweet machine called the Rezound.

All I can say is apps up the ying yang!! FREE!!!

I even have two security cameras on it.

Any advice I will certainly take on this phone though. I am not going to Rom this. I did that to my Touch Pro and it was cool but this one too expensive to turn into a paper weight.

Seems like it have plenty of memory without using a task manager killer but I do use one. Goes from about 135 mem all the way up to 415.

I almost expected it to move faster with songs and the web but it is almost instantaniously. Better than what I had by a large margin. The dual core appears to be kicking some arse.

Riley 12-02-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David J. (Post 2158171)
I got one going from a Touch Pro 2 to this sweet machine called the Rezound.

All I can say is apps up the ying yang!! FREE!!!

I even have two security cameras on it.

Any advice I will certainly take on this phone though. I am not going to Rom this. I did that to my Touch Pro and it was cool but this one too expensive to turn into a paper weight.

Seems like it have plenty of memory without using a task manager killer but I do use one. Goes from about 135 mem all the way up to 415.

I almost expected it to move faster with songs and the web but it is almost instantaniously. Better than what I had by a large margin. The dual core appears to be kicking some arse.

good to hear you are enjoying the device. I've been pretty content running it stock and adding Go launcher to play around a bit. LOL. The built in task manager is very useful as well. What's even more amazing is the dual core is really not being fully utilized yet with respects to hardware acceleration. ICS will bring that :)

Riley 12-02-2011 12:06 PM

Btw, screenshot is built into the device stock which is cool!

Press and hold the "power button" and press "home key" and you got a screen shot. :)

gTen 12-02-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2158239)
good to hear you are enjoying the device. I've been pretty content running it stock and adding Go launcher to play around a bit. LOL. The built in task manager is very useful as well. What's even more amazing is the dual core is really not being fully utilized yet with respects to hardware acceleration. ICS will bring that :)

Actually you aren't using dual cores at all unless the app specifically has SMP support. As for hardware acceleration, that existed since Froyo, what you didn't have is hardware accelerated UI which comes with ICS. There is only 1phone with hardware accelerated UI that is Gingerbread which I shall not name here ;) lol (you can guess which lol)

Also how is your 4G? are you having the infamous 4g disconnect issue that happens to all 4g phones outside of NY?(and by all i mean samsung,motorola,htc,lg you name it) (asking cause I haven't left NYC just yet on a btrip but plan to in a month so wondering how it is and whether or not they fixed it yet, thinking if i should bring my wimax phone just in case :/)

Edit: Some googling around some are saying sense 3.5 has hardware accelerated ui option but is disabled by default *shrugs*

Riley 12-02-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2158254)
Actually you aren't using dual cores at all unless the app specifically has SMP support. As for hardware acceleration, that existed since Froyo, what you didn't have is hardware accelerated UI which comes with ICS. There is only 1phone with hardware accelerated UI that is Gingerbread which I shall not name here ;) lol (you can guess which lol)

Also how is your 4G? are you having the infamous 4g disconnect issue that happens to all 4g phones outside of NY?(and by all i mean samsung,motorola,htc,lg you name it) (asking cause I haven't left NYC just yet on a btrip but plan to in a month so wondering how it is and whether or not they fixed it yet, thinking if i should bring my wimax phone just in case :/)

Edit: Some googling around some are saying sense 3.5 has hardware accelerated ui option but is disabled by default *shrugs*

Thanks for letting me know on the HW acceleration. Looking forward to it when it arrives :)

4g has been excellent on the Rezound with very little issues with disconnection or handoff to 3g. Initially I had the Razr and experienced multiple lost connections which I read is common along with the Bionic, so apparently the Rezound is better equipped to handle this or I'm just lucky. I know over the course of several days I tested both the RAZR and Rezound in my house which has 1-2 bar 4g coverage and the RAZR constantly lost signal. Worse yet it would not even switch to 3g....I usually average between 7 to 10mbps down and 5-6mbps up. There is one dead zone I've run into thus far on my travels to/from work. Verizon really has the area blanketed quite well.

David J. 12-03-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2158244)
Btw, screenshot is built into the device stock which is cool!

Press and hold the "power button" and press "home key" and you got a screen shot. :)

Thats where that screen shot came from!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!

David J. 12-03-2011 12:53 PM

One thing I have not yet figured out is on the home screen I have to tap for the weather to update although i have it supposedly updating when phone is turned on?

I would like it updated every like ten minutes or fifteen.

Anyone know how too?

sarahsdaddy 12-07-2011 11:07 PM

I've had mine almost two weeks. I've got a lot to learn about Android. I've yet to get it to synch with Exchange Activesync, and have heard the 2.3 broke Activesync and very few people have gotten it to work - major bummer. That's not an issue specific to the Rezound.

I also wasn't aware of Verizon's assault on tethering. I've still got to find how to do that (without paying them). I did it with my Touch Pro 2.

Riley 12-09-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahsdaddy (Post 2159272)
I've had mine almost two weeks. I've got a lot to learn about Android. I've yet to get it to synch with Exchange Activesync, and have heard the 2.3 broke Activesync and very few people have gotten it to work - major bummer. That's not an issue specific to the Rezound.

I also wasn't aware of Verizon's assault on tethering. I've still got to find how to do that (without paying them). I did it with my Touch Pro 2.

Hello,

Regarding your issue with xchange, I've been connected with zero issues. Never had a problem with connecting so long as you have the proper server address, domain and password. Tethering will be addressed most likely when permanent root and s-off are achieved. Good luck.

sarahsdaddy 12-09-2011 05:56 PM

I've gone through every iteration of user ID format, domain name, etc., and get nowhere. I was several hours into it before I googled the terms that revealed articles that many were having problems, and many that upgraded from earlier version had activesync break. Some were able to get it going again, many not. Aggravating to say the least.

Riley 12-12-2011 06:04 PM

found this little tweak today. No root required which is great since we are still waiting on this here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-ap...-required.html