PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio replacement (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95411)

t2fuller 12-09-2009 01:26 PM

Re: Imagio replacement

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 1320056)
By all means, I loved the Imagio, but waiting for the HSPL, plus the problem I had with the housing cracking on the edge of the screen, just pushed me over the edge to the touch pro.

I have also had a crack form around the screen. I guess I'm more patient, I'll be waiting for the HSPL to put on my replacement Imagio. :-)

johnbrain 01-03-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 1309873)
I'm getting my imagio replaced due to a physical defect,

What was your physical defect out of curiousity? Mine has the tiniest little bump right above the media button, which I only notice when the light hits it perfectly. It's a flaw nonetheless. The entire screen really should be mirror flat and it isn't. It doesn't effect anything, although I am slightly concerned it could get bigger (do they use adhesive?)

Should I return it for a new one, which actually will just be a refurbished one? Or wait until my 1st year is almost up then get a clean refurb?

gcianc 01-03-2010 04:46 PM

i'd would (and did) go with the imagio over the TP unless you absolutely REALLY REALLY NEED a physical keyboard (which is unlikely except for keyboard shortcuts, etc) and use the thing landscape 90% of the time.

the TP2 is a bit of a dog compared to the imagio in regard to navigation with only 4 face keys also. i did a writeup of when i exchanged my TP2 for an imagio if you want to some more details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 1309873)
I'm getting my imagio replaced due to a physical defect, and was offered either another imagio or a touch pro 2. I was wondering what you guys think you would do? I wanted the tp2 originally, but got the Imagio because the tp2 was out of of stock. I have kinda grown attached to the imagio, and honestly if it weren't for the tp2 being unlocked already, it wouldn't even be a discussion. I thought I could be patient and wait for the spl, but its getting harder by the day.

Anyways, what do you guys think? anybody feeling my pain?

t0adman 01-03-2010 06:36 PM

The HPSL smells like it's close!

cbreze 01-03-2010 07:32 PM

I have both tp2 and imagio. Love the lighter weight, but find myself going back and forth when I quickly tire of the oem stock rom on the whitestone. I am also looking forward to the hspl. When I was waiting for the tp2 hspl the chefs already had several roms ready to go. It seems not that way for the imagio, at least so far. This forum moves slow and only a select few seem to enjoy this device. While the tp2 is very popular. You think this is that most folks prefer the physical kb? Because even before the hspl was released that forum was fast moving, with lots of roms at the ready. I've got an awesome rom on my tp2 that keeps tugging at me. I guess I'm not good having two awesome phones. Can't make up my mind!:laughing6:

Mahalo 01-03-2010 07:41 PM

Really, dude... "make your girlfriend...TP2"

Ew. That just reeks of wrongness.