PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio won't read my memory card! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92115)

philk 10-23-2009 11:11 AM

Imagio won't read my memory card!

so far this is the only prob i'm having since i've got the phone figured out. The phone was reading my memory car fine... whiche was an 8gb card from my storm and ha alot of files saved to it. now it will not read the card at all so i cant get pics music or anything. whats the deal with this anyone know how to help me or have the same problem? thanks for any help.

Reef48 10-23-2009 11:30 AM

Re: Imagio won't read my memory card!

Will your computer read the card? If it can then you have a phone issue. Hard reset will fix that, but if it is a corupt card then you will need to re-format it.

philk 10-23-2009 01:37 PM

the card works in everything but my phone and a window pops up when i turn my phone on asking if i want to configure the card to my phone which will erase all the files on it... if i click yes or no it still wont read the card it will say the card was successfully configured tho. and it was working on the phone now none of my pics or files are showing up

Reef48 10-23-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philk (Post 1257988)
the card works in everything but my phone and a window pops up when i turn my phone on asking if i want to configure the card to my phone which will erase all the files on it... if i click yes or no it still wont read the card it will say the card was successfully configured tho. and it was working on the phone now none of my pics or files are showing up

Sounds like a phone issue if the card works in everything else. If you had a extra card or know someone with a card, you could see if your phone will read it (theirs).Then it would be a card issue (corrupt) and just re-format from your PC. I would start by doing a hard reset. If you want you could copy all the file from the card to your computer and then re-fomat the card and see if the phone will now recognize the card. The easiest would be to just backup and reset.

philk 10-24-2009 12:51 AM

well i put the card in my wifes phone and it said card cant be read due to fatal errors.... man that makes me mad it worked fine i took the phone to verizon to get contacts switched and it didnt work after that.... maybe they switched it i dunno damn it:angry3:

Reef48 10-24-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philk (Post 1259879)
well i put the card in my wifes phone and it said card cant be read due to fatal errors.... man that makes me mad it worked fine i took the phone to verizon to get contacts switched and it didnt work after that.... maybe they switched it i dunno damn it:angry3:

Use MyPhone or ActiveSync to backup and then do a hard reset. This will fix your issue. Strange things happen. It is a pain in the ***