PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   HTC Imagio ''Screen Protector'' (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89879)

DrRoger 10-25-2009 02:17 PM

Re: HTC Imagio ''Screen Protector''

Quote:

Originally Posted by treetopflyer (Post 1250329)
Zagg now has a full body protector for the Imagio, put in my order. I'll give everyone my opinions once i receive it.

I'd look at BodyGuardz. I've owned Zagg twice and found it to be sticky and I lost the enjoyment of the original LCD. Maybe Bodyguardz will be better, people over in Howard Forums have said so.
http://www.bodyguardz.com/content/ac...1-34--2387.htm

dbigdawg 10-25-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRoger (Post 1263431)
I'd look at BodyGuardz. I've owned Zagg twice and found it to be sticky and I lost the enjoyment of the original LCD. Maybe Bodyguardz will be better, people over in Howard Forums have said so.
http://www.bodyguardz.com/content/ac...1-34--2387.htm

I got my BodyGuardz installed and it is great. I got the full armor for $24.95 and you get two complete sets. Not nearly as spongy as Invisible Shield/Zagg and has a lot less orange peel effect.

Slack3r 10-30-2009 04:37 PM

I just ordered a 3-pack of the anti-glare screen protectors from Boxwave, I'll post back when I get them and install one.

BTW, you can get 10% off with the code SNOW10PCT at checkout.

fwaits 10-30-2009 04:55 PM

I just ordered a 3-pack of the Crystal Screen Protectors from Boxwave myself, so I'll comment next week when I get em.

froda 10-31-2009 10:43 AM

I mentioned this somewhere already, but for the Ghost Armor fans out there they have a screen protector available but it isn't listed on their site. Just email customer service. Mine should be here today hopefully.

Phil Canyon 10-31-2009 01:17 PM

This is the Hh I was talking about. This one is for the Touch unfortunately.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/[IMG]http:...r/IMAG0066.jpghttp://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...r/IMAG0066.jpg

Jal3223 11-01-2009 02:19 AM

Ghost Armor now has the shield for the Imagio up and is running a special where you get front and back for just the price of the front (14.99)
http://www.ghost-armor.com/htc/htc-i.../prod_289.html

TonyK 11-02-2009 01:34 AM

Best screen protector Hands down, and i have tried a lot of them, will not scratch

http://www.screenpatronus.com/

froda 11-03-2009 12:59 PM

Just installed my ghost armor, absolutely love it.

johnbrain 11-03-2009 01:36 PM

is that full body armor it just the screen?

Slack3r 11-03-2009 10:14 PM

So apparently boxwave is out of stock... I thought they just got these in? Guess I have to wait :(

joemike60 11-10-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaits (Post 1259903)
Boxwave just released their ClearTouch Crystal and Anti-Glare screen protectors. They make quality stuff. I will likely get one of these soon.

http://www.boxwave.com

I just got the Imagio antiglare from Boxwave yesterday. Great fit and feel. Highly recommended!

rhman 11-11-2009 12:06 PM

I received and applied the full protection from BodyGuardz last night. I let it sit overnight and using it today. It looks really good and feels good. My only problem is one side of the screen protector has streaking. You don't really notice it unless the screen is on with a light background. Those of you who have used BodyGuardz, is this something that will go away? The left side of the screen is completely clear... hoping the right side ends up that way too.

Thanks!

Slack3r 11-11-2009 05:51 PM

Just got my anti-glare screen protectors from Boxwave on monday, and didn't have a chance to apply one until today... These things are amazing! Definitely worth the money.

ddrum 11-11-2009 08:05 PM

I am really interested in the Boxwave protectors but not sure whether I should go with Anti-glare or with the Clear.

Any opinions one way or the other?

I don't work outside but live in AZ so the sun is always out...........

wc3 11-11-2009 08:31 PM

My opinion on Zagg Invisible Shield:

Had it on my Imagio for about a week now. I've previously used it on other (non touchscreen) devices before and liked it. On a touchscreen device, however, it's not as good. The screen protector is the same sticky material used on the body and the "sponginess" is really noticeable when sliding your finger across the screen. If you apply more than a light pressure while sliding, your finger sort of sticks or skips and gives ambiguous signals to the phone. The body cover has some tension in the corners and two of them are starting to lift. The material is very durable, but definitely not suited to sliding a finger across. I hope the Boxwave or other types are better as I'll be removing this as soon as I find a replacement.

I DO NOT recommend this product for our phones.

fwaits 11-18-2009 01:47 PM

+1 for Boxwave, great protectors, solid material, fits great with just a tiny sliver of space between it and the bezel. Glides smooth, no orange peel, and super clear. I used the antiglare before on my XV6900 and it was great too, and it did cut down glare, but it will not help with sunlight fade. So if glare really bothers you go that way, but otherwise the crystal clear is superior for clarity and color.

jadedame 11-18-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhman (Post 1319169)
I received and applied the full protection from BodyGuardz last night. I let it sit overnight and using it today. It looks really good and feels good. My only problem is one side of the screen protector has streaking. You don't really notice it unless the screen is on with a light background. Those of you who have used BodyGuardz, is this something that will go away? The left side of the screen is completely clear... hoping the right side ends up that way too.

Thanks!

have been using boydguardz for two weeks and it's been great. No streak whatsoever.

joemike60 11-18-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrum (Post 1320534)
I am really interested in the Boxwave protectors but not sure whether I should go with Anti-glare or with the Clear.

Any opinions one way or the other?

I don't work outside but live in AZ so the sun is always out...........

I had the antiglare on my previous phone and had a great experience with it. So I got that for the Imagio as well. It does distort the images a tiny amount, but you only notice it if you are looking for it. In addition, the antiglare protector itself is much less prone to scratches than the clear ones.

t0adman 11-18-2009 07:57 PM

I just installed Clear Protector and the installation instructions were easy to follow and I got a great result. I'm hoping two tiny spots will settle out eventually but otherwise flawless. Slight reduction in glar, great tactile feel, zero loss of sensitivity as far as I can tell, and image is excellent. Can you tell I'm happy with the product?

meanngreen 11-18-2009 11:03 PM

$5 pack of 5 at Wally World. Cut it down and fits perfect. Worth every penny. And have 4 more left when this ones is scratched!

cslawren 11-19-2009 12:19 AM

For those still on the fence or who have used the Zagg stuff, hear me out. The Zagg product is awful IF you don't like spongy feeling protectors. The kind that you poke with your stylus, create a dent, and then it goes back to normal...that's what this is. Get the Boxwave product. Anti-glare is what I got. If you've ever had an iPod Touch, most of the screen protectors for them are the static (not static window cling), non-adhesive, stiff protectors that are super easy to apply and are slick and don't cause your finger to skip over the surface when you swipe it. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and Boxwave is just that. I switched from Zagg to Boxwave anti-glare and I won't be looking back.

dolldelight 01-09-2010 04:21 AM

It has been just two weeks and I already scratched my Imagio. I honestly could say that it was cos of the stylus, since I either use my fingertips or stylus for my phone. I am such a noob when it comes to this, cos I really believed using the stylus would be less damaging than using my fingertips, with the thought that the stylus was ideally made for the phone. But it wasn't and my phone has this hairline scratch which shows when the backlights are on. It's really depressing cos it's in the middle of my screen. I've been reading about scratch removers (applesauce, displex, etc.) but I really don't have the guts to apply anything on the screen for the fear of simply aggravating the damage. So now, I am opting for protection, especially that from Invisible Shield. I have read from this thread, forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58588 that Invisible Shield is able to hide scratches, and one even had his phone's crack covered with it. However, posts in this current thread warn against Invisible Shield's sticky material. So you see, I am really torn. :( I would like to at least hide the scratch and then be able to protect my phone. Could Boxwave Antiglare or Bodyguardz do this? :(
I hope somebody helps cos the scratch is close to driving me mad. :(

rm_raymond 01-09-2010 05:56 AM

I have the ZAGG Invisi sheild on mine and have had no problems with it. It was easy to install since they changed the application from a spray to a sponge type of material. I took about 5 mins to install. I have had a ZAGG on all my phones and never had a problem with them. They have a life time replacement guarantee if it ever scratches, or even if the phone has to be replaced they will replace it for free

waycoolkennel 01-11-2010 07:43 PM

I went with http://phantomskinz.com/ WOW ! Awesome product.. the screen protector is ULTRA clear and your finger just glides across it.. I had originally tried one off ebay.. it sucked. Was too rubbery and tacky.. your finger would stub across the screen making a mess when using Swype keyboard..

9.95 for TWO screen protectors.. AWESOME !

m_s_ifland 01-11-2010 07:59 PM

BOXWAVE is all I have to say.

kspeck 02-10-2010 02:29 PM

I purchased the Invisible Shield from ZAGG

Price was 25.00 and it is great.

The installation takes about 15 to 20 min (FOLLOW the instructions and CLEAN your hands)

After letting it set for 12 hrs (sleep time) It is great.

Running the Stylus accross the screen no longer leaves scratches or mars, like other screen protectors.

fwaits 02-10-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolldelight (Post 1473314)
It has been just two weeks and I already scratched my Imagio. I honestly could say that it was cos of the stylus, since I either use my fingertips or stylus for my phone. I am such a noob when it comes to this, cos I really believed using the stylus would be less damaging than using my fingertips, with the thought that the stylus was ideally made for the phone. But it wasn't and my phone has this hairline scratch which shows when the backlights are on. It's really depressing cos it's in the middle of my screen. I've been reading about scratch removers (applesauce, displex, etc.) but I really don't have the guts to apply anything on the screen for the fear of simply aggravating the damage. So now, I am opting for protection, especially that from Invisible Shield. I have read from this thread, forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58588 that Invisible Shield is able to hide scratches, and one even had his phone's crack covered with it. However, posts in this current thread warn against Invisible Shield's sticky material. So you see, I am really torn. :( I would like to at least hide the scratch and then be able to protect my phone. Could Boxwave Antiglare or Bodyguardz do this? :(
I hope somebody helps cos the scratch is close to driving me mad. :(

The Boxwave protectors will "hide" small scratches too from my experience. Deeper ones will likely still show a bit, but the very thin/light stuff seems to get masked by the boxwave protectors.

Timmy Likes to Click 02-10-2010 05:12 PM

I bought from PhantomSkinz

http://phantomskinz.com/

I also bought this product for the iPod Touch.

You get two for $9.95...

I also used this coupon code : WINTER33

This got me 33% off order...

smartphoneguru 02-26-2010 10:22 AM

The HTC Imagio is my 9th smartphone in 10 years and I have always bought some kind of screen protector. For my Imagio, I stopped at a cell phone accessory kiosk at my local mall and for $5 the guy put a screen protector on perfectly, first try, no bubbles. I'm going back there from now on.

ekessel 03-08-2010 10:16 PM

In case anyone is still following this. I have gone through 3 different brands of screen protectors and the Boxwave Clear Touch is excellent. It is by far the best that I've tried. It went on easier than any of the other ones I used...no bubbles on the first try. It also does not require wetting your device. It is virtually invisible on the device. It fits perfectly, no hard coners to eventually catch and peel up. I highly recommend.

Primenall 03-09-2010 03:28 AM

Well if anybody wants a protector almost the same as the HTC, just a little thinner, with a perfect fit, it's as simple as stopping by an ATT store and picking up a 3 pack for $10 for the "Tilt 2" (att's TP2).

This is based on the the Imagio and the TP2 having the same screen, if this is not the case disregard, but from what I've read they are the same screen.

These are just like the HTC one and for me are great for stylus or finger and go on easy with no liquid or anything like that.

gcianc 03-31-2010 03:40 PM

same screen... different buttons.

good tip especially for TP2 users - a friend just got these for his verizon TP2 - however the bottom of the protector is bit of a mismatch for the imagio buttons. ATT stores typically have these behind the counter so just ask the sales rep to open the box to check them out.

$3/10 and priced right for sure (and easy to put on).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primenall (Post 1617141)
Well if anybody wants a protector almost the same as the HTC, just a little thinner, with a perfect fit, it's as simple as stopping by an ATT store and picking up a 3 pack for $10 for the "Tilt 2" (att's TP2).

This is based on the the Imagio and the TP2 having the same screen, if this is not the case disregard, but from what I've read they are the same screen.

These are just like the HTC one and for me are great for stylus or finger and go on easy with no liquid or anything like that.

heydr 03-31-2010 04:22 PM

Ive tried almost every screen protector out there.

The ones i find easiest to apply and most aesthetically pleasing are the mirrored screen protectors.

http://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Screen-...0066932&sr=8-1

johnbrain 05-10-2010 01:27 AM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekessel
In case anyone is still following this. I have gone through 3 different brands of screen protectors and the Boxwave Clear Touch is excellent. It is by far the best that I've tried. It went on easier than any of the other ones I used...no bubbles on the first try. It also does not require wetting your device. It is virtually invisible on the device. It fits perfectly, no hard coners to eventually catch and peel up. I highly recommend.

just ordered. I've been pretty happy with the invisible style wet applied protector I hit on ebay, but sometimes it gets a little sticky. it is not like orange peel and its really clear but I guess dirt etc. but I figured I'd try something different.

johncal 05-10-2010 03:49 PM

I use the Boxwave "Crystal Clear" and you don't even know it's on the phone. It's that good. The only regret I have is that I didn't get it sooner. The phone looks and feels exactly the same as without a screen protector on it.

Just follow the directions and make sure there is absolutely no dust on the phone first.

wash your hand with soap and water to get the crap and oils off your hands first. That is something they don't tell you, but after years of applying clear decals I know you always need to do.

andrewstone81 10-30-2011 01:41 AM

I just bought a new Itouch mobile and looking for its skin cover. My friend suggested me to come over the sties which are good in dealing. I need to buy Itouch skin cover for its protection.

Itouch skin cover

67GGH 08-27-2012 03:40 AM

I hate the most is the screen protection so the phone looks bad very dirty, so I put my phone screen protection good

Nillkin Frosted Film Paperback For HTC Desire S at Elewarehouse.com

http://www.elewarehouse.com/UploadFi...7301161537.jpg