PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   SMS - How to send over 10 SMS on verizon and to MULTIPLE RECIPIENTS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139211)

satsun 01-04-2011 11:52 PM

SMS - How to send over 10 SMS on verizon and to MULTIPLE RECIPIENTS

1. ok back in the windows mobile 5 and 6 days the original rom i used to have allowed me to send multiple sms's to people by clicking a check box for each recipient so i wouldnt have to click the name then go back to the txt then click the recipient again etc which takes forever
  2. I wanted also send txt messages to over 10 people but i get the pop up message that i cant, can we buypass that for verizon
  3. Lastly how can i allow the autopreview of the person i will txt when i start pushing in the begining letters of their name like in the original rom
Thanks in advance from everyone who even looked at this in an effort to try and help:headbang:

sonami 01-05-2011 02:08 AM

Re: SMS - How to send over 10 SMS on verizon and to MULTIPLE RECIPIENTS

download and install bsb tweaks. there are settings to change those in it...

satsun 01-05-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonami (Post 2030286)
download and install bsb tweaks. there are settings to change those in it...

I have BsB Tweaks already installed as part of the energy rom, i turned on the sms recipients to 50 button and it asked me to do a soft reset which didnt take cause i still got the pop up to remove some recipients as the limit is 10.

any other tweak anyone can think of that would help? as well answers to my other questions?

Thanks

jmart518 01-05-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satsun (Post 2030754)
I have BsB Tweaks already installed as part of the energy rom, i turned on the sms recipients to 50 button and it asked me to do a soft reset which didnt take cause i still got the pop up to remove some recipients as the limit is 10.

any other tweak anyone can think of that would help? as well answers to my other questions?

Thanks

What messaging service are you using? HTC or standard WM?

satsun 01-06-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 2030885)
What messaging service are you using? HTC or standard WM?

Not sure running it on Verizon but i just use the touchflow sms icon and create and read messages from it, so i'm guessin it's htc

Also i saw this in another post:

go to hklm\software\jataayu\messaging\maxrecipients change 10 to 100

But mines doesnt say 10 it says 0 under this reg key, not sure how the interaction will work since we have bsb tweaks loaded so should i change the 0 to 100 or will that screw up my messaging in anyway?

Relic 01-06-2011 11:51 PM

HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings\

Change the value of "LimitSMSRecipients"

satsun 01-07-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic (Post 2031586)

haha niceeeeeeeee i sent 15 txt messages at 2am LOL :twisted: but i didnt get the pop up that says u can only sent 10 messages. i looked at the sent messages it looks lyke all of them sent out and i got 3 responses so far :-) dude u are sooooooooooooo awesome!!!!

PS>>> the bsb tweaks didnt work at all, i guess we have to follow a direct reg entry for this one!!

satsun 01-07-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic (Post 2031586)

Relic,

U got any idea on how to choose multiple people at once check box style to send a text to, instead of choosing the person then going back to the message then goin back in and choosing the 2nd person and then repeating this, winmo 6 used to have a check box type feauture to Multiselect recipients... lemme kno and thanks again !!!

Relic 01-07-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satsun (Post 2031690)
Relic,

U got any idea on how to choose multiple people at once check box style to send a text to, instead of choosing the person then going back to the message then goin back in and choosing the 2nd person and then repeating this, winmo 6 used to have a check box type feauture to Multiselect recipients... lemme kno and thanks again !!!

Well I know if you use HTC Messaging its like that. But by default the Imagio uses the default outlook mail cleint as a SMS messenger and uses Arcsoft software for MMS.

HTC messages does both sms/mms and does the "check box style" that you want.

I guess energy Rom has not included the HTC messaging.

satsun 01-07-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic (Post 2032093)
Well I know if you use HTC Messaging its like that. But by default the Imagio uses the default outlook mail cleint as a SMS messenger and uses Arcsoft software for MMS.

HTC messages does both sms/mms and does the "check box style" that you want.

I guess energy Rom has not included the HTC messaging.

Relic...... Thanks for the update, so since HTC messaging isnt include with the energy rom is there anyway u kno to download and add it without effecting functionality or does anyone else know how to bring back the check box style selection please.... thanks again brutha!!! =D>