PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Verizon AKey (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137312)

jadesse 11-20-2010 10:11 PM

Verizon AKey

I have some questions regarding Verizon's AKey. I believe my Imagio needs an akey becuase VZW can't authenticate it.

1. Do All VZW devices use an akey to authenticate the phone on the network? I thought it was for data only.

2. In the ESPT (##778 ) settings is the akey field supposed to be blank because it is on my Vogue.

3. Is it correct the akey is 26 digits?

4. Is there a way that I can extract the akey from my Vogue. CDMA workshop 2.7 was no help. I did connect it to DFS & was able to read an akey. There are four fields in the Keys section on the General Tab which are DEC, akey, SSda, SSDB. Next to the the DEC field there is CS field (check sum) which DFS didn't read.

DEC: 20 digit numeric number.
akey: 16 digit alpha numeric number.

Osteo 11-21-2010 09:52 AM

Re: Verizon AKey

I can't tell you about our Imagio's Akey as I've not lost it yet but... On my Mogul, every time I flashed a new rom I needed a new Akey.

At 1st I thought VZW would catch on that I was a flash-a-holic but they never batted an eye when I called and asked tech support for a new A key.

Interestingly it was always a new number, even when I flashed back to an older rom that I already had a Akey for (i.e. the old Akey that used to work on that rom on that specific phone didn't work when flashed again).

So... I don't think you can grab the key from an old phone as it seems dependent on something internal at VZW and not the rom or the phone.

gg102 11-22-2010 02:03 PM

I just checked mine, and MY AKey is blank, both the authentification key, and SSD_A and SSD_B are all blank.

I'm on Verizon, came from Alltel.

jadesse 11-28-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadesse (Post 1999901)
I have some questions regarding Verizon's AKey. I believe my Imagio needs an akey becuase VZW can't authenticate it.

1. Do All VZW devices use an akey to authenticate the phone on the network? I thought it was for data only.

YES

2. In the ESPT (##778 ) settings is the akey field supposed to be blank because it is on my Vogue.

YES

3. Is it correct the akey is 26 digits?

YES

4. Is there a way that I can extract the akey from my Vogue. CDMA workshop 2.7 was no help. I did connect it to DFS & was able to read an akey. There are four fields in the Keys section on the General Tab which are DEC, akey, SSda, SSDB. Next to the the DEC field there is CS field (check sum) which DFS didn't read.

DEC: 20 digit numeric number.
akey: 16 digit alpha numeric number.

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO EXTRACT THE AKEY.

I ended up just calling VZW to reset my akey which worked without any problems.

TECHADDICT5610 12-08-2010 11:08 PM

Ok Guys and Gals, Here is a solution that works for me:

Go to your Verizon Wireless Account online (or set one up), and log in.

Look for the "Change My Phone" , or something like such in one of the tabs.

Put any old (Not currently in Service) Verizon hardware ESN in the appropriate field. Select a reason besides "phone stolen", That is to say DO NOT select "phone stolen", and click the appropriate button to get your change submitted.

Look for a popup box to confirm your request in the top area of the page. Then Log out, and wait 15, or so minutes. Now go back to your Verizon account page again, and repeat the process, but this time put in the ESN of the phone you really want on your account.
Wait another 15, or so minutes then use your phone to dial *228 (OTA Over the Air Programming) and select option 1 to program your phone.
This whole procedure is going to get you a valid AKEY on your phone through the OTA programming process. You're basically telling Verizon's computers that you have a new phone on your account, and they will send a new Valid AKEY into your phone through the wireless network when you do the *228 Option 1 thing. There you go without the hassle of waiting on hold to social engineer a Verizon tech that may, or may not know what the heck an AKEY is! Thanks Verizon for this automated online option.
*Note: The AKEY is a security part of CDMA phone radio programming, so it is not going to be visible on the phone, or QPST, and is generally hidden to most servicing softwares.

jadesse 12-10-2010 01:46 PM

That is fine but when you are on a corporate account that makes things more difficult.

alexmir 01-11-2011 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this software can read akey from htc, but for now support only:

HTC 6800 Mogul: Radio: 3.35.04, 3.42.40, 3.42.50
HTC 6900 Vogue: Radio: 3.42.30
HTC 6950 Toch Pro: Radio 1.08.99U

jadesse 01-13-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmir (Post 2034336)
this software can read akey from htc, but for now support only:

HTC 6800 Mogul: Radio: 3.35.04, 3.42.40, 3.42.50
HTC 6900 Vogue: Radio: 3.42.30
HTC 6950 Toch Pro: Radio 1.08.99U

Have you actually tried this & activated a phone. From my understanding even if you write down the A-key that VZW gives you it will only work once.

animez 01-13-2011 07:51 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

The first time I flashed my VX6800 I had to call and get them to reset my Akey. Since then I've flashed multiple phones MANY times on my number and never had to have my Akey reset again.

treee 11-09-2012 02:56 AM

Sorry for reviving an old thread. But I feel these posts are relevant. I have one question.

I have managed to retrieve the a-key, ssd-a and ssd-b from my Samsung Intensity 2 (using CMDA WS and the 16 digit password). However, the A-KEY input field in ##PROGRAM requests 26 characters. I've read that the a-key is 20 characters and the checksum makes up the last 6.

My question: How can I put my hex a-key in the correct format for this input field?

Thanks!