PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Asurion sent me a BRAND NEW imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120771)

heydr 05-11-2010 12:22 PM

Asurion sent me a BRAND NEW imagio

They didn't mail mail me out a refurbished 'like new' device. they sent me a brand new one. I even called the company to confirm, and it is brand new. it came in the factory sealed box and everything. i was pleasantly surprised. so if anyone needs to make a claim but has been hesitant because they didn't want a refurb, i just wanted to share.

leland_jr 05-11-2010 01:02 PM

Re: Asurion sent me a BRAND NEW imagio

Thanks for sharing. Good to know. Maybe they have no way to fix stuck buttons either? :)

johncal 05-11-2010 06:27 PM

You might have gotten lucky. They may not have had refurbs in stock.

My daughter did an Asurion replacement on her previous Motorola and she got a refurb. So who knows.

Good for you though!

heydr 05-11-2010 11:27 PM

when i called them they said they have no refurbs in stock right now. i live in ny, idk if asurion would have them avalible for other areas? but hey, hopefully they dont have any refurb imagios anywhere right now :mrgreen:

thepolishguy 05-12-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heydr (Post 1746776)
when i called them they said they have no refurbs in stock right now. i live in ny, idk if asurion would have them avalible for other areas? but hey, hopefully they dont have any refurb imagios anywhere right now :mrgreen:

Is that a bad sign or a good sign? doesn't that mean that so many Imagios have broken and been returned and are still breaking and being returned that they are breaking faster than they can fix them? If you can follow me.

heydr 05-12-2010 04:47 PM

haha, hopefully so few are breaking that they simply have non to refurbish...but im probably just dreaming :rolleyes:

cpc28655 05-19-2010 07:47 PM

That is the one thing I miss about having service with Alltel. If the phone was less than a year old, you could go into a store and get your replacement. I had to do it twice. One was a treo 700wx, and the other was an HTC 6800. Both times I got a brand new phone.

mastergadgets 05-20-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpc28655 (Post 1762702)
That is the one thing I miss about having service with Alltel. If the phone was less than a year old, you could go into a store and get your replacement. I had to do it twice. One was a treo 700wx, and the other was an HTC 6800. Both times I got a brand new phone.

The good old days with Alltel. I sure do miss them!:(

cpc28655 05-20-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastergadgets (Post 1763586)
The good old days with Alltel. I sure do miss them!:(

I am in one of the markets that was NOT bought by verizon, I switched to verizon anyway because what was left of alltel went downhill very quickly.

Now that I think about it, That was a treo 650 that i made the claim on, they gave me a new 700wx.

satsun 05-21-2010 11:54 AM

In Socal... got a NEW imagio off asurion insurance myslef... looks lyke they sending out newbies nationwide....