PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio Vs Htc Touch Pro/Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110541)

schoust 02-12-2010 06:41 PM

Imagio Vs Htc Touch Pro/Diamond

Hello People
Well the power's that be from Big Red {Verizon} have finally seen the light after three phones (replacements) and numerous hard reset lock ups and overall problems that have caused a whole lot of down time and frustration! They have made the decision to replace my Touch Pro with and Imagio which I know very little to nothing about. What I said to them is I have had it with this phone and want something that is comparable and does the very same thing as the touch did and from what I can see they covered most of what I was concerned about with the exception of a full qwerty keyboard which was one of the important things that I most definitely liked when I made my decision to buy that phone. When I told the rep that was a problem he basically told me that it was not the customers option to pick and choose?? I say Bull! How can they as a company do something like that! I bought the phone and they are telling me that I have to take it or leave it? This to me is totally unfair and should never have happened. I am a very unhappy customer and if this was my personal phone I would have told them that I was done with Verizon and canceled my Family plan when the contract was up. Unfortunately this is a company phone and more than likely since I have had so many issues with the phone my Boss might become aggravated if I kick and scream anymore about the phone. So I will have to live with the virtual key board until the end of the two years which is up in six months anyway.
Well I hope someone has some good news about this phone because I need it Lol. I don't know maybe I just don't like the fact that they pushed my around and told me that I had to settle? Please if there any good apps fill me in..... Sorry if I seem a bit nasty in my first post I'm just a tad PO'ed
Thanks for reading and thanks for any help that you might be able to give me....

Patrickjb 02-12-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Imagio Vs Htc Touch Pro/Diamond

That's horrible that they didn't give you a choice. It would have made more sense to give you the Touch Pro 2 instead of the Imagio, because the Touch Pro 2 has similar features to the Touch Pro (physically). Anyway, the Imagio is a great phone, and you should enjoy it! As for the apps, probably anything that worked on your Touch Pro will work here, I recommend Shazam for quick song Identification :)

-Patrick

schoust 02-12-2010 08:01 PM

Thanks Patrick I will put it in my Cab list because the player on my Touch Pro is heavily used! You know I have half a mind to call them back and say I am ending the contract athat just started for my family because you stuck it to me by saying that I had NO choice but to take it or leave it!!

wedgemoose 02-13-2010 03:59 PM

Schoust, I know everybody is different and it's all preference. But as far as I'm concerned they made the best dicision of your life. I LOVE the Imagio. I had both phone you speak of above. This is the best phone I have ever owned. I like you think a hard keyboard is much better but the size difference is bad. I get by with the Imagio keyboard. If i need to type something fast and accurate I use the stylus. But the size and reliability far outways the hard keyboard. You will have to read and read to get all the tweeks and stuff. But you should be happy this phone was forced on you shortly. Again, thats my opinion and everyone is different. But i think you will be very happy soon.

TCruz 02-13-2010 05:44 PM

I also have had the Touch Pro and got the Imagio after the TP went belly up. Best winmo phone I have had so far. I really like it. Now that I am use to the virtual keyboard I don't miss the full qwerty at all.

jmorton10 02-13-2010 06:08 PM

One thing I would recommend is to install TouchPal 3.5 keyboard & practice with it for a few days.

I have a TouchPro 2 & I would be super pissed if Verizon made me take an Imagio as a replacement, but I can tell you that I like TP 3.5 so much I hardly ever use the hardware KB.

~John

schoust 02-13-2010 06:14 PM

Well I think that my issues are going to be when I am attempting to VPN into my server and then once I am in navigate my Building automation. Unfortunately this takes a lot of typing and such and I know for a fact that these virtual keyboards are a royal PIA! My Wife and kids have them and they are text happy and seem to get along Ok. But myself that is a different story. The biggest issue that I have is the fact that they jammed it down my throat with NO other offers. This IMHO does not fly with me! Not sure how other's feel but I am the type of person who is capable and always decides what's best. They did this because that was what they had to replace my phone (touch pro) with. So both of you guy's had the Touch? I honestly loved my phone but what I can no longer tolerate is the sudden without warning Crashes? Then they (verizon) say the same old Jazz each and every time,give me a break! I will say this if this were my own personal phone I would be screaming bloody murder!! But since this is basically a perk of the job and a tool to help me be more efficient I don't want the Boss to say that's enough of this crap and end up with a regular BS phone. I hope you guy's are right because this has really been a rough year with this phone! Were you all running Lot's of different application's? I think my issues were with The touch flow and or active sink? The crashes always seemed to occur when I was maneuvering between the touch flow screens or after/durring a sync....?When did your phones seem to crash?

schoust 02-13-2010 06:21 PM

Yea well I am more than pissed! I do not believe that they should be able to arbitrarily change my phone to something that is not exactly the same as what I had. Hell how do they know that one of the bigger reason's for me getting that phone was the duel capabilities... All I can say is if it does not work out for me I going to yank my Family plan and switch Carriers. This is not right and I wish I could have spoken to another person over this Guy I asked for his Manager and he told me that he was not available BS! I think I am going to go over to there Forum and Kick and scream on there:protest: board. Maybe they will get the message that they should not do business like that.....