PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   All People Tab - Contacts Tab - Moveable in Cust Tabs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105890)

keithdupont 01-12-2010 01:54 AM

All People Tab - Contacts Tab - Moveable in Cust Tabs

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is.......

The back button does not work......

You can have both the All People and original My Favorites but they will have the same icon.

If you want to hide the original My Favorites tab go to:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configuration\ figure out which one of the numbered folders says Title: My Favorites and change the value of the key Enable to 0. Can't cab this part up because depending on your tab order it is diffrerent for everyone.

If you want to be able to move the tab around in customize tabs, do the reg edit (configuration) attached below. Rename .txt to .reg and import using reg editor. Soft reset and you will be able to customize where it is located in the tabs.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5...reenshot1n.png

Nicaragüense 01-12-2010 02:04 AM

Re: Check this out, Teaser photos for now!

HOLY Crap I have been longing for that!!! I think the favorite people tab is pointless for me.. It looks great!!

maxtcee 01-12-2010 07:51 AM

looks good will we be able to redirect any tab

m_s_ifland 01-12-2010 10:31 AM

DUDE!!! So excited about this!!!!

demonntl 01-12-2010 10:38 AM

wait 4 it ^^

keithdupont 01-12-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxtcee (Post 1481305)
looks good will we be able to redirect any tab

If it is already a subtab, yes. It hangs up sometimes??????

cslawren 01-12-2010 11:28 PM

Re: All People Tab - Contacts Tab whatever you want to call it

Hey Keith, is there an easy way to rearrange this tab to where we want it since it doesn't show up in the menu or in the registry?

keithdupont 01-12-2010 11:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 480x800; XV6975; Window Mobile 6.5 Professional;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslawren
Hey Keith, is there an easy way to rearrange this tab to where we want it since it doesn't show up in the menu or in the registry?

I am working on that. I got it to show up in the customize tabs menu but even when I moved it, it stayed in the same position. I can do it manually, where do you want it? 1st 2nd 3rd etc.....

cslawren 01-13-2010 09:00 AM

I would love to have it third, behind my home and programs tab. Thanks for the great tweaks.

keithdupont 01-13-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslawren (Post 1484357)
I would love to have it third, behind my home and programs tab. Thanks for the great tweaks.

I have still been unable to move it, well at least permanently. I got it moved then after a soft reset it moved back to the last tab. I will report back....

jadedame 01-15-2010 11:05 AM

Re: All People Tab - Contacts Tab - Moveable in Cust Tabs

Thanks Keith! been looking for something like this. any progress on being able to move the tab around?

keithdupont 01-15-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadedame (Post 1490978)
Thanks Keith! been looking for something like this. any progress on being able to move the tab around?

Look at first post, if you do the reg edit it will show up and be moveable in the customize tabs screen.

jadedame 01-15-2010 02:46 PM

Oh. Got it. Thanks!!!

jadedame 01-15-2010 04:17 PM

Okay, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I got it to show up in the Customize Tab and was able to move it up and down but it does nothing when I go back to the main page. It's still the last tab. Can someone help?

t0adman 01-15-2010 05:27 PM

Hey Keith,

I'm using Total Commander and I haven't run/imported a .reg file yet. Can you give a quick description of how to do it please? Thanks.

keithdupont 01-15-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadedame (Post 1491853)
Okay, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I got it to show up in the Customize Tab and was able to move it up and down but it does nothing when I go back to the main page. It's still the last tab. Can someone help?

I know this will sound a little scary but you might have to delete all of the numbered files in the registry under hklm\software\htc\manila\configuration

And then do the reg edit in post one. Even if it gets messed up we can easily get it back or you can copy that folder of the registry to your storage card using total commander, use copy to clipboard and paste when you get to storage folder - you are on the imagio right.

keithdupont 01-15-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adman (Post 1492054)
Hey Keith,

I'm using Total Commander and I haven't run/imported a .reg file yet. Can you give a quick description of how to do it please? Thanks.

Rename the .txt to .reg and copy to the storage card. navigate to it with total commander and click and hold then select copy to clipboard. then navigate to the registry to hklm\software\htc\manila\configuration press and hold on an empty area of the screen below the folders and when the menu opens select paste. soft reset bam!

jadedame 01-15-2010 06:17 PM

Thanks! That worked! :)

JamesHulsmann 01-20-2010 09:54 PM

I just tested something and you dont actually have to go through all of that to have the ALL there and moveable while getting rid of the favorites.

Just create a new entry for the ALL thing, and then delete whatever number folder is for the FAVORITES and reboot - this basically caused my ALL to replace the FAV's and it was entirely movable.

REMOVE:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configurati on\X]
"Enable"=dword:00000000
"PageName"="Manila://people.page"
"Title"="My Favorites"

ADD:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configurati on\Y]
"Enable"=dword:00000001
"PageName"="Manila://peopleAll.page"
"Title"="All People"

EDIT -Keith can correct me if his CAB also did something else I didnt see and is therefor also needed on top of just doing this more simple reg edit...

* Run the cab, reboot, delete the entry entirely for FAV's and reboot once more - DONE! - In other words...

keithdupont 01-20-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesHulsmann (Post 1505223)
I just tested something and you dont actually have to go through all of that to have the ALL there and moveable while getting rid of the favorites.

Just create a new entry for the ALL thing, and then delete whatever number folder is for the FAVORITES and reboot - this basically caused my ALL to replace the FAV's and it was entirely movable.

REMOVE:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configurati on\X]
"Enable"=dword:00000000
"PageName"="Manila://people.page"
"Title"="My Favorites"

ADD:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configurati on\Y]
"Enable"=dword:00000001
"PageName"="Manila://peopleAll.page"
"Title"="All People"

EDIT -Keith can correct me if his CAB also did something else I didnt see and is therefor also needed on top of just doing this more simple reg edit...

* Run the cab, reboot, delete the entry entirely for FAV's and reboot once more - DONE! - In other words...

I tried it your way very early on, but it still showed up in the customize tabs screen. The cab I have posted is not a reg edit, it edits a manila file the calls the tabs. The .txt attachment is the reg part. I did do it your way again and it does work, although I had an empty tab in the customize tab screen with no words or icon, but I think that is because the manila file was loading the favs page even though the folder was deleted, the folder only tells it the order. My reg edit was the same as yours but I just changed the enable part of the favs tab in configuration, and then added the same thing you mentioned. Your way is probably better because everyones configuration folder is different depending on the tab order. Your way is less confusing. Thanks for the insight.

Wtanis 01-21-2010 12:15 PM

Are there any other extra tabs developed for tf3d 2? I have seen around the web on the Touch2 a google search/maps tab

t0adman 01-21-2010 01:51 PM

Just did this mod and it worked perfectly. Thanks again Keith.

JamesHulsmann 01-21-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithdupont (Post 1505501)
I tried it your way very early on, but it still showed up in the customize tabs screen. The cab I have posted is not a reg edit, it edits a manila file the calls the tabs. The .txt attachment is the reg part. I did do it your way again and it does work, although I had an empty tab in the customize tab screen with no words or icon, but I think that is because the manila file was loading the favs page even though the folder was deleted, the folder only tells it the order. My reg edit was the same as yours but I just changed the enable part of the favs tab in configuration, and then added the same thing you mentioned. Your way is probably better because everyones configuration folder is different depending on the tab order. Your way is less confusing. Thanks for the insight.

Cool, then the new way to tell everoyne is to use the CAB, reboot, and then just delete the FAV's listing in the registry,and reboot once more!

COOL! And thank god, really - the fav's was just a waste of time... lol

And of course... :headbang:

Osteo 01-24-2010 10:46 AM

Thanks, KD, for coming up with this but I have a quick question. I originally had just the cab installed and all was well. I wanted to be able to move the contacts tab so ran the reg edit and I CAN move the tab with no problems but I noticed an oddity in the weather with TF3D now.

Where it used to display my correct home location on the home screen (below the clock) it now shows the biggest nearby city that used to be on my weather list in the weather tab (I live in a small town an hour outside of Nashville TN, Nashville used to be my second town in the weather tab; it used to display my correct home location on the home screen but now it shows Nashville).

The tab itself does show my home location as the 1st town, Nashville as the second, and Miami as the 3rd (as it used to), and it does update correctly, it just shows Nashville on the home screen.

Any ideas on how to get my home location back to the area below the clock?

keithdupont 01-24-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osteo (Post 1512969)
Thanks, KD, for coming up with this but I have a quick question. I originally had just the cab installed and all was well. I wanted to be able to move the contacts tab so ran the reg edit and I CAN move the tab with no problems but I noticed an oddity in the weather with TF3D now.

Where it used to display my correct home location on the home screen (below the clock) it now shows the biggest nearby city that used to be on my weather list in the weather tab (I live in a small town an hour outside of Nashville TN, Nashville used to be my second town in the weather tab; it used to display my correct home location on the home screen but now it shows Nashville).

The tab itself does show my home location as the 1st town, Nashville as the second, and Miami as the 3rd (as it used to), and it does update correctly, it just shows Nashville on the home screen.

Any ideas on how to get my home location back to the area below the clock?

Click the clock and select my location.

Osteo 01-24-2010 01:32 PM

Argh! That was easy. Thanks for the quick reply!

yatman60 01-25-2010 03:40 AM

Hey Keith,

I ran the B4all and the landscape patch but that doesn't seem to have propogated to the Contacts tab like in your original screen shot in the post. What do I need to do to get my background to show up in the All listings?

keithdupont 01-25-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yatman60 (Post 1514840)
Hey Keith,

I ran the B4all and the landscape patch but that doesn't seem to have propogated to the Contacts tab like in your original screen shot in the post. What do I need to do to get my background to show up in the All listings?

Did you put anything else on the phone and is the contacts tab the only one not showing the background.