PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Visual Voicemail Help... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102826)

wedgemoose 12-22-2009 01:08 PM

Visual Voicemail Help...

I know this is a Verizon type thing but I have called them 5 different times and no one was able to solve my problem. so i figured I would ask you guys incase it's something I just don't realize.

Every time I listen and than delete my voicmails, close out to go back to my home screen, it pops back open again. EVERY TIME!!! Again, i will open "visual Voicemail", listen and or delete a message or two, close the program to get out of it (and it does close), but then a few seconds later it opens again on it's own. Any ideas????called verizon and not one person had any clue what to do. I will just get rid of it if you guys know nothing about this problem (but it's kind of a nice feature)...

thanks in advance

Veritech_910 12-22-2009 01:44 PM

Re: Visual Voicemail Help...

Make sure to give the VVM enough time to actually delete the voicemail before closing the program. It is a data tranmission taking place after all and the VVM program is excruciatingly sluggish to begin with (mainly speaking of launching). The only thing I can think of is it's trying to complete your initial commands of deleting the voicemail. Next time you delete a voicemail via VVM try waiting 30 seconds before closing the program and see if that helps.

I honestly don't know if that will work or not but it's worth a try I suppose :D

wedgemoose 12-22-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgemoose (Post 1431169)
I know this is a Verizon type thing but I have called them 5 different times and no one was able to solve my problem. so i figured I would ask you guys incase it's something I just don't realize.

Every time I listen and than delete my voicmails, close out to go back to my home screen, it pops back open again. EVERY TIME!!! Again, i will open "visual Voicemail", listen and or delete a message or two, close the program to get out of it (and it does close), but then a few seconds later it opens again on it's own. Any ideas????called verizon and not one person had any clue what to do. I will just get rid of it if you guys know nothing about this problem (but it's kind of a nice feature)...

thanks in advance

Never even though of that....that is probably it. Thats why I ask you guys. thanks very very much. It takes time to download so it should take time to delete. I always close out one second after i hit the delete button.(BUT i do wait until it says "your message has been deleted"). I will try and see what happens.

wedgemoose 12-22-2009 02:05 PM

That was it. Just sent myself a voicemail and received one at the same time. Waited a full minute and closed out and it didn't restart itself. So you solved my big problem but I don't like having to wait like that. It's a little rediculous. but i will pinpoint on the amount of time I have to wait now.

thanks again......Big big problem solved. (maybe I should tell Verizon how YOU know more than them)

Veritech_910 12-22-2009 02:13 PM

You're welcome ;)