PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   CoPilot Live 8? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102295)

christjosh 12-31-2009 12:02 PM

Re: CoPilot Live 8?

I gotta say that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

conflipper 12-31-2009 01:46 PM

Here is a link to the version from the latest Leo rom.

I enjoy the Theme.

You will need to have a valid serial # and everything. You will also need to re enter the numbers in.

The first time I did this, it failed to validate, so I had to go online and do it, and the first one worked fine and that was good.

But then when I went to do the Live services it said that it didnt work. So I emailed ALK and they reset a setting and it worked fine then.

So if you have a similar issue then that is what I had to do to fix it.

You will also see a new feature in here, when you are on an Interstate, it will show you a sign of your exit on the top of the screen, very nice to have.

So something to look forward to. I was suprised the first time I saw it, but it is very nice to have.

DOWNLOAD HERE

wedgemoose 01-05-2010 06:17 PM

This is sweet Conflipper. I have tried a few and haven't like any. I love this one. Only on the trial right now but I'm gonna buy.

thanks very much.....

djqwikcut 01-12-2011 11:05 PM

some Issues I have with the program:

1. I am alerted that I am at my destination BEFORE I actually get there. It also doesn’t tell me LEFT or right or ahead is my destination. Can this be resolved?

2. I tested 2 addresses today with COPILOT and a GARMIN GPS. The Garmin was dead on while COPILOT was lost and had be going in circles. This was while I was in a development with a LOT of little side streets. Can this be fixed?

3. when you get to your destination, it doesn’t give you the option to CLEAR the route. It asks me what I want to do but if I close the BOX, since I don’t want to do any of that, it keeps the route I am on. I noticed this as I use COPILOT to get home. Then today, I turned on copilot and it still said it was running the route to my house. I couldn’t find any way to clear it except to delete next stop. Then it cleared the route. I also see no way to click CANCEL ROUTE if you decide you don’t want to navigate to where you set. My Garmin has an "X" that I can hit to cancel route.

4. Program is missing a LOT of POI's .. For instance, I was sitting in a parking lot of WAL-MART which has been there for many years. It didn’t know this Wal-Mart existed. It did know about other ones nearby but not this one. Same with TARGET, I was sitting in a target parking lot and it didn’t know target was there.

5. Routing is wrong on some trips.. Sometimes it will tell me to turn left when you can't or when LEFT is the completely wrong way to go. How to fix?

6. I entered in SPEED TRAP DATA but it NEVER alerts me to any of them. I said YES to the fact I was importing SPEED TRAP data but it never did anything.. MEANWHILE, my Garmin did alert me.

7. It would be nice if I could pull addresses out of my EVO 4G address book so I don’t have to re-type them in and also if you could do voice entry of the data Like GOOGLE and SPRINT navigation already do.

8. It appears the maps are SEVERAL YEARS out of date. How do I get updated maps?

9. If I want to select a POI to travel to... I select the category, then pick my POI or type in the name.. Lets say WALMART. Then I find the walmart but then decide that wasn’t what I wanted. I then hit my back arrow on my phone and select a different category or maybe just type in a different name of a POI. When I then search for the new one, it brings me to the orig category and POI and NOT the new one. I have to completely back out back the main screen of copilot and then start over with finding a POI. I have to do this every time..

I hope someone can help resolve these issues... I sent all of this to the copilot support but havent heard anything yet... Thanks...

nsa_sailor 01-13-2011 10:02 AM

As to item #8, have you checked for updated of the program and maps?
Menu > > Updates or Menu > > Download Maps

It may be that the phone gps may not be as good as your garmin. However, I compared the copilot with a gramin nuvi when we were in Florida going where we've never been before (if you already know the are, then you ALWAYS know a better route than the damn gps), they were both accurate, however they took slightly different routes to get there.

Where did you enter Speed trap data?

jadesse 01-13-2011 06:33 PM

I tried Copilot a couple of years ago. I bought it to run on my vogue & ended up shipping it back after a couple of hours. I had been at my address fro about 7 years & it didn't recognize my address. Not even my subdivision. So I figured if it didn't know my address, how many other was I going to find. Since I was going to rely on it for work I said forget it.

I have been using TomTom ever since. Well actually I was using TomTom 6 before on my Axim but the maps were old. I thought copilot might come with updates maps but I was worng.

I am running TomTom 7 on my Imagio & there is a known lag issue. Running GPS Gate has fixed that for the most part. As it is still off by about 20 to 30 yards.

Osteo 01-15-2011 10:51 AM

I used to use TomTom on my Mogul but the lag was intolerable to me on the Imagio. I've been using NavNGo Igo8 with great results but since Bing now has turn by turn spoken directions, I only use Igo when I'm going to be in an area w/o cellular data...

If you're looking for Igo8, google is your friend; I don't have the setup cabs to give nor the maps)...

chrbrown30 01-15-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djqwikcut (Post 2035729)
some Issues I have with the program:

1. I am alerted that I am at my destination BEFORE I actually get there. It also doesn’t tell me LEFT or right or ahead is my destination. Can this be resolved?
[CB] Unfortunately, it's GPS accuracy isn't 100% and does not tell you if your destination is on right or left. :(

2. I tested 2 addresses today with COPILOT and a GARMIN GPS. The Garmin was dead on while COPILOT was lost and had be going in circles. This was while I was in a development with a LOT of little side streets. Can this be fixed?
[CB] Also ran into this -- I tried to get to an Airport in a major city (Charlotte) and it took me to the "warehouse district" for shipping -- not the main terminal. Also had a trip this past week where it would tell me to get off of a main interstate (I-4) and loop back on for no reason.

3. when you get to your destination, it doesn’t give you the option to CLEAR the route. It asks me what I want to do but if I close the BOX, since I don’t want to do any of that, it keeps the route I am on. I noticed this as I use COPILOT to get home. Then today, I turned on copilot and it still said it was running the route to my house. I couldn’t find any way to clear it except to delete next stop. Then it cleared the route. I also see no way to click CANCEL ROUTE if you decide you don’t want to navigate to where you set. My Garmin has an "X" that I can hit to cancel route.
[CB] Only way to delete is "Delete Next Stop" to my knowledge.

4. Program is missing a LOT of POI's .. For instance, I was sitting in a parking lot of WAL-MART which has been there for many years. It didn’t know this Wal-Mart existed. It did know about other ones nearby but not this one. Same with TARGET, I was sitting in a target parking lot and it didn’t know target was there.

5. Routing is wrong on some trips.. Sometimes it will tell me to turn left when you can't or when LEFT is the completely wrong way to go. How to fix?
[CB] You can't. :(

6. I entered in SPEED TRAP DATA but it NEVER alerts me to any of them. I said YES to the fact I was importing SPEED TRAP data but it never did anything.. MEANWHILE, my Garmin did alert me.

7. It would be nice if I could pull addresses out of my EVO 4G address book so I don’t have to re-type them in and also if you could do voice entry of the data Like GOOGLE and SPRINT navigation already do.
[CB] If they are in your CONTACTS (i.e. sync'd with Outlook), you can do this. Beware of the most recent update, though, which break the ability to look up via Contacts -- I had to contact Support and downgrade to the previous version.

8. It appears the maps are SEVERAL YEARS out of date. How do I get updated maps?

9. If I want to select a POI to travel to... I select the category, then pick my POI or type in the name.. Lets say WALMART. Then I find the walmart but then decide that wasn’t what I wanted. I then hit my back arrow on my phone and select a different category or maybe just type in a different name of a POI. When I then search for the new one, it brings me to the orig category and POI and NOT the new one. I have to completely back out back the main screen of copilot and then start over with finding a POI. I have to do this every time..

I hope someone can help resolve these issues... I sent all of this to the copilot support but havent heard anything yet... Thanks...

[CB] I find myself using BING, which also has voice navigation / turn-by-turn and seems to be pretty accurate...

bawaji 01-15-2011 07:54 PM

But Bing (and Google maps) cannot run without a data connection unlike CoPilot. I purchased CoPilot Live 8 since I pay per kB for data in my phone plan. CoPilot needs to receive signals only from the GPS satellites to operate and not the cell towers.

djqwikcut 01-16-2011 01:19 AM

I have been using copilot for about a week now. I really like it. I sent a support request and was told my issues will be resolved.

Sent from itmy EVO4G using Tapatalk.