PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   No inet when changing lines (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130954)

GhettoBSD 08-06-2010 01:38 PM

No inet when changing lines

Recently, I moved my hero to a different line and in doing so, while the mobile service was working (phone calls), the inet wasn't. Went through more than a few things to get it to work and in the end sprint sent me a new hero to "fix" the problem.

Now, I've switched that hero to a different line and again I had the problem.

Here's how I was able to fix it:

- In the phone call screen enter: ##3282# (might be different for your phone)
- Next enter your MSL code # You'll have to get this from sprint
- Select Data Profile.
- With the ball, scroll to User Name, then pres menu and select restore.
- The phone will reboot after a few ok's and continues.
- Next, go to menu, settings, About Phone, System Updates, and select Update Profile.
- Phone will do a few more ok's and continues and will reboot.

Hopefully this will have fixed the problem for you!

bradart 08-07-2010 07:39 PM

Re: No inet when changing lines

I'm confused, because cdma isn't capable of simultaneous data and voice usage....

GhettoBSD 08-07-2010 08:18 PM

let me explain a little more, I have 3 lines. The hero was on line #1, I put it on line #3. It activated on line 3, but i couldn't make or receive calls on it. That phone was replaced and it activated just fine.

I then moved it from line 3 to line 1. Although sprint recognized it as activated, I couldn't make or receive calls again. So I messed around with it and i was able to make/get calls. But it wouldn't get internet. It gave error code 67 or something like that.

So the steps I wrote about will help get you the data access back (as long as you are supposed to have it!).

bradart 08-08-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoBSD (Post 1903070)
let me explain a little more, I have 3 lines. The hero was on line #1, I put it on line #3. It activated on line 3, but i couldn't make or receive calls on it. That phone was replaced and it activated just fine.

I then moved it from line 3 to line 1. Although sprint recognized it as activated, I couldn't make or receive calls again. So I messed around with it and i was able to make/get calls. But it wouldn't get internet. It gave error code 67 or something like that.

So the steps I wrote about will help get you the data access back (as long as you are supposed to have it!).

Ok, that makes a hella lot more sense. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

GhettoBSD 08-08-2010 12:11 PM

lol no problem.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's been through that. I just couldn't believe the techs couldn't figure it out and wanted to send me another phone just to activate it.