PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   vibrate problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129202)

jfolliard 07-20-2010 01:07 AM

vibrate problem

my htc hero simply will not vibrate when that is selected. Stock 1.5. Is there some setting I have to tweak? The little icon at the top shows the vibrate icon phone so I know I'm in vibrate mode.

thanks.

Jack

bradart 07-20-2010 02:01 AM

Re: vibrate problem

Is there any reason you haven't upgraded to 2.1?

jfolliard 07-20-2010 11:19 AM

a couple of reasons - I've configured the phone jsut they way I want it with additional apps, etc. Took a long time and I understand I'd have to start all over again even after backing up everything up. As I understand it there is no app which auto sets up the phone after upgrading to 2.1 just the way it was before.

Also, in following the forums, it seems like there are a lot of issues with things not working with 2.1. I've upgraded old phones and computers before and had problems. Do you think those posts about 2.1 issues are isolated? There sure are a lot of them.

Thanks for your responses!

bradart 07-20-2010 11:27 AM

Re: Re: vibrate problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfolliard (Post 1874993)
a couple of reasons - I've configured the phone jsut they way I want it with additional apps, etc. Took a long time and I understand I'd have to start all over again even after backing up everything up. As I understand it there is no app which auto sets up the phone after upgrading to 2.1 just the way it was before.

Also, in following the forums, it seems like there are a lot of issues with things not working with 2.1. I've upgraded old phones and computers before and had problems. Do you think those posts about 2.1 issues are isolated? There sure are a lot of them.

Thanks for your responses!

Well, my phone is rooted, so when I upgraded it took me 20 mins and I didn't lose any data at all. Custom Roms fix all the issues the official update has and speeds up the phone considerably.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

jfolliard 07-20-2010 11:52 AM

not sure I want to root - some say it's easy, others have had problems. Well, I guess I have to dig in at some point when I have a full weekend :)

So, my original question was about the vibrate problem. Do you think 2.1 fixes that somehow?

bradart 07-20-2010 11:04 PM

Rooting is literally a 1 click process. That said, I have never heard of the issue you are experiencing, si I can't really say either way. Sorry. I'm Bradart.ink@gmail.com on gtalk if you ever need help rooting or anything. My phone is always signed in.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

jfolliard 07-20-2010 11:11 PM

thanks - might take you up on it when I have some time ...

Jack

bradart 07-20-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfolliard (Post 1876023)
thanks - might take you up on it when I have some time ...

Jack

You wouldn't be the first. I'm here to help.