PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hd2
Carrier: t-mobile

zzzzk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Window Mobile 6.1 Rom for HTC HD2, TMO-US 1024 GB T-Mobile

I have the HTC HD2, TMO-US 1024 GB T-Mobile with the 6.5 windows mobile on it. I want to flash it back to windows Mobile 6.1. The 6.5 is stock. Could someone please tell me how to flash it back to Windows Mobile 6.1 and where to get a reliable ROM or stock of 6.1? Do I need a HSPL? Which version? Where can I find it? Please send me the procedures and links to the necessary files. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Window Mobile 6.1 Rom for HTC HD2, TMO-US 1024 GB T-Mobile

You have to have HSPL 2.08 flashed on your HD2, then you can flash this WM6.1 ROM

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Old 06-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zzzzk is a n00b

Thank you for your help!

Is this rom link you posted stock? Is it fully functional? My phone has a camera, etc. If it is a "cooked" one, do you have a link to the original maker page for specs?

Where can I get the 2.08?

Do these work with the T-Mobile hd2 1024 version, US?
Old 06-15-2011, 04:10 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzk View Post
Thank you for your help!

Is this rom link you posted stock? Is it fully functional? My phone has a camera, etc. If it is a "cooked" one, do you have a link to the original maker page for specs?

Where can I get the 2.08?

Do these work with the T-Mobile hd2 1024 version, US?
It is not "stock" because there is no stock 6.1 ROM, the HD2 always came stocked with 6.5, so it is cooked.

2.08 is your HSPL version. This "unlocks" your phone to be able to flash custom cooked ROMs, it does void your warranty but can be reversed back to stock at any time.

It should work fine for your tmobile HD2.

I got the original file from here.

Is there Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM for HTC LEO HD2? - Page 5 - xda-developers
Old 06-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zzzzk is a n00b

Ok, thank you very much. What happened is that I upgraded the stock 6.5 and an app stopped working. So if I decide to stick to 6.5 and try a different version (cooked or older stock) to see if it will work again. What is the best stable rom version you would recommend for 6.5? Also, what HSPL do I need? Could you please put the links and procedures thank you!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzk View Post
Ok, thank you very much. What happened is that I upgraded the stock 6.5 and an app stopped working. So if I decide to stick to 6.5 and try a different version (cooked or older stock) to see if it will work again. What is the best stable rom version you would recommend for 6.5? Also, what HSPL do I need? Could you please put the links and procedures thank you!

Here's the quick rundown:

1) Download HSPL4 from here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [HSPL/HSPL2] HowTo flash everything

It is attached at the bottom.

2) Connect your phone to your computer and enable ActiveSync connection, follow the onscreen instructions. When it comes time to select which version you want, choose HSPL 2.08.

Do not choose 2.08.00000 or anything like that. Just 2.08 HSPL.

3) continue with the installation. It will ask you if you see the "we hacked it " on your phone, when you do hit yes and go from there.

4) After the HSPL installation it will reboot into Windows Mobile, Let's now download a customr ROM. This is my personal favorite. It's got a really sick theme, really amazing speed and stability, and has CHT2.5 (cookie's home tab), basically you can modify any aspect of your home screen like clocks/widgets/settings, quick links, and so many aspects. You will have lots of fun. It also has tethering built into the ROM.

Here is the download link:

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Energy.Leo.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Jun.0 1.7z

taken from this thread:

L [WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|NLD] |June 1| Energy™-.¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|29020 * Sense 2021 - xda-developers

Download the ROM

5) Once the ROM is downloaded, extract the contents. You need to have your phone connected to ActiveSync again. Open the "Custom RUU" file (I think that's what it's called, every chef calls it something different, but it will have RUU in the name or RomUpgradeUtility). Run this like you ran HSPL, and upgrade your ROM.

6) It will restart and voila.

If you want to return to stock everything just download/flash the STOCK ROM from SD, if you get confused lemme know and I'll help you out.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zzzzk is a n00b

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sweet, if i got one, this is what i would want, i hate 6.5!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2