PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   bootload mode (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129266)

maxtcee 07-20-2010 03:57 PM

bootload mode

can anyone tell me why my hd2 wont go into bootload mode .. ive tried the volume button down and start method ,, doesnt seem to do anything...

rstoyguy 07-20-2010 04:59 PM

Re: bootload mode

On the HD2, it's just the downbutton & reset hole. And hold the down button until the bootloader appears.

zak117 07-25-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 1875575)
reset hole

I laughed at that for like 5 minutes. No joke :p

Wil Badger 07-25-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 1875575)
On the HD2, it's just the downbutton & reset hole. And hold the down button until the bootloader appears.

Huh?????? Not sure about that one considering every time I've done mine it's been volume down(holding it) then pressing the power/end button. Seems to work just fine for me every time.

Turn phone off-press and hold volume down- press power/end button. Watch it go right into bootloader.

rstoyguy 07-25-2010 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, that works as well as my method. Because when you softreset, It's basically turns on the phone. Wasn't aware of that. :) Usually I'm cooking a rom with some new stuff and I can't get to the normal shutdown, and I'm not the type to wait that long... There is also...

Wil Badger 07-25-2010 09:53 PM

Gotcha I never know of that method. So I guess both work.

maxtcee 07-26-2010 10:22 PM

both methods do work and ive seen it done... however i have an hd2 that is stuck on the tmo "stick together" screen and doesnt want to go into bootloader mode... i tasked 29 my phone and now it wont boot up or do anything .. am i sol? or is there a fix out there... thanks in advance

lwrdrchvy2 07-26-2010 10:33 PM

have you tried flashing a shipped rom by pc? Not sure if it would work but that seems to be a solution very often when people have trouble flashing roms.

lightflier 08-14-2010 05:32 PM

Guys my HD2 phone is totaly dead. I have istalled the worng rom ( dont ask me why) :-) and the phone just went blank. Nothing is working...even the battery is not charging. I tried to go to the bootloader mode but nothing. Is there any way to be fixed or I shpuld throw it in the trash?
Thanks

nrfitchett4 08-15-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightflier (Post 1911246)
Guys my HD2 phone is totaly dead. I have istalled the worng rom ( dont ask me why) :-) and the phone just went blank. Nothing is working...even the battery is not charging. I tried to go to the bootloader mode but nothing. Is there any way to be fixed or I shpuld throw it in the trash?
Thanks

can you get into bootloader?
Hold down volume down while pressing the reset button next to the battery.

Are your battery contacts properly aligned?

Which Rom did you try to flash?