PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Remote Desktop Mobile (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118650)

dsuarez1979 04-20-2010 04:16 PM

Remote Desktop Mobile

I need help with the Remote Desktop, please help
when i try to connect to my laptop i get this MSG on my HD2
" Cannot connect. Likely resons"
1 The remote computer is not set up for this.
2 Reached the maxium number of connections.
3 A network error occurred while connecting.

I have a DELL STUDIO 1747, running with WINDOWS 7, and the router is a 2wire getway, from at&t. PLEASE HELP

the7thson 04-21-2010 04:08 AM

Re: Remote Desktop Mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsuarez1979 (Post 1709471)
I need help with the Remote Desktop, please help
when i try to connect to my laptop i get this MSG on my HD2
" Cannot connect. Likely resons"
1 The remote computer is not set up for this.
2 Reached the maxium number of connections.
3 A network error occurred while connecting.

I have a DELL STUDIO 1747, running with WINDOWS 7, and the router is a 2wire getway, from at&t. PLEASE HELP

A few suggestions:
-Make sure you're using your wifi connection, not 3G.
-Use your internal IP address eg 192.168.x.x for the computer as opposed to your public IP
-Try using the DNS name for your computer if you don't know what your internal IP is.

dsuarez1979 04-21-2010 08:16 AM

I did all that, but didn't work :(

the7thson 04-21-2010 03:52 PM

Is your computer set up to accept RDP connections? That's about the only other thing i can think of. Also - reboot both your phone and computer and then try.

dsuarez1979 04-21-2010 09:30 PM

I have no idea what is RDP or how to do it, if you have the time could you please explain me how to do all that ?

the7thson 04-22-2010 01:59 AM

Sure, RDP is just Remote Desktop.
On Windows XP/Vista/7 etc you basically go to your Start Meny then My Computer (or equivalent), right lick and then Properties. Now Find System Properties/Remote tab and make sure that whatever is in there is checked. It should read something like "Allow remote computers to control this computer" or "Allow remote assistance in to this computer" etc. I don't remember the exact text but you'll know it as soon as you see it.

If you have Vista/7 (probably won't work on XP), just go to control panel, then type "remote desktop" in the search bar on the top right and it should come up.

If this fails or you're using an OS that I haven't mentioned, then just Google "how to allow remote desktop" for your OS.

Hope this helps!

dsuarez1979 04-22-2010 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is all the options i have in my computer, I attach a picture so you can see what i have. I don`t know but i think that something is missing.

the7thson 04-22-2010 06:38 PM

Looks like your computer is properly set up to accept RDP connections. I'm not sure what the problem could be.. :( Can you Remote desktop in to this computer from another computer? That would be a good test to figure out where the prob is - with your computer or your HD2. Once you narrow this down, then you'll know where to start looking. Sorry I haven't been much more help..

dsuarez1979 04-22-2010 07:30 PM

I try to connect from my desktop to my laptop and had the same problem, i think the problem may be the router, and thank a lot for your help.

the7thson 04-22-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsuarez1979 (Post 1714134)
I try to connect from my desktop to my laptop and had the same problem, i think the problem may be the router, and thank a lot for your help.

No problem man, hope you get it figured out. I think the problem is somewhere with your computer automatically rejecting the incoming connections due to security on it to be honest. Let me know if you get any further and have questions.