PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2! (*UPDATE, DOES NOT PLAY STEREO AUDIO*) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117997)

darnell 04-13-2010 09:12 PM

Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2! (*UPDATE, DOES NOT PLAY STEREO AUDIO*)

Ordered myself one earlier today.

It says that it is made for the US T-Mobile model and is being sold by the same seller who also sells cradles for the European version. So the seller knows the difference.

Cradle + spare battery charger + headphone jack = WINNER :wav:

---------------
UPDATE: See later post, this cradle does NOT play stereo audio!!!
See this later post and this one.
This cradle is NOT a winner!

dsuarez1979 04-13-2010 10:13 PM

Re: Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2!

I ordered the same one too few today.

sumo911 04-13-2010 10:42 PM

Thanks, OP! This is just what Ive been looking for!

PPP-1 04-13-2010 10:57 PM

Ordered two today. Thanks for the great links!

budney 04-13-2010 11:11 PM

Very cool, but what is keeping it upright? It looks like the micro usb and 3.5mm jack to me. If that is the case I would be worried that stress on those ports could cause them to break after a while. :???:

lwrdrchvy2 04-13-2010 11:17 PM

there is a link to a different cradle in the 1600mah battery thread that costs a little less and looks like it may have more support to hold the phone up other than the 2 ports.

darnell 04-14-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budney (Post 1698004)
Very cool, but what is keeping it upright? It looks like the micro usb and 3.5mm jack to me. If that is the case I would be worried that stress on those ports could cause them to break after a while. :???:

Being one who intentionally purchased the European version of this cradle "just hoping" it might fit my USA T-Mobile HD2, I can say that it's not just the ports that hold the device upright. (No my US T-Moble HD2 didn't fit properly, but enough for me to see how the cradle keeps the device upright. The fact it did not fit is part of the reason I know how it holds the device up by more than just the ports.) The cradle is custom sized at the bottom, to perfectly fit the version of HD2 that it was made for. The plastic at the bottom that holds the base of the device like a cup.

My only concern, is whether it can hold my device while I'm using Bodyguardz. Since the base is custom sized to fit the bottom of the device so snug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 (Post 1698018)
there is a link to a different cradle in the 1600mah battery thread that costs a little less and looks like it may have more support to hold the phone up other than the 2 ports.

This has no 3.5mm jack to support using headphones while the device is in the cradle. Also, that cradle only has a mini USB port on the back for sync and charge.

Having the European version of the cradle with the 3.5mm jack + mini USB and Micro USB ports on the back, I'm not worried at all about the ports getting loose. I'm just glad they made a version for the T-Mobile US HD2, since I could never "modify" the European version to fit my HD2 :D .

RKnight 04-14-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnell (Post 1698335)
My only concern, is whether it can hold my device while I'm using Bodyguardz. Since the base is custom sized to fit the bottom of the device so snug.

I am in the same boat. I have a Maximum Protection Invisible Shield and would love to buy one of these, however I am not gonna waste my money if it will not allow me to use it without removing a portion of the shield from my phone. I know that my wife has a cradle for her myTouch 3G and it fits in there really tight and it had nor protection.

darnell 04-14-2010 02:18 PM

I'll write back once I have mine.

I don't want to run too far off on a side-bar, but I can say I tried both Invisible Shield and BodyGuardz when I had a Touch Pro. And if you have never tried BodyGuardz, I think you'd never use Invisible Shield ever again after using BodyGuardz or BSE. Especially with a device where screen clarity is critical, like with the HD2.

budney 04-14-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnell (Post 1698921)
I'll write back once I have mine.

I don't want to run too far off on a side-bar, but I can say I tried both Invisible Shield and BodyGuardz when I had a Touch Pro. And if you have never tried BodyGuardz, I think you'd never use Invisible Shield ever again after using BodyGuardz or BSE. Especially with a device where screen clarity is critical, like with the HD2.

8) can't wait for the review, with some better pics. :D