PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   great rom to check out (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147526)

Riley 10-15-2011 10:29 AM

great rom to check out

[ROM]!!!!!(10-7-11) SNS Gingerbread v1.7,OTA 4.53 Sense, CIQ removed, Quick Settings - xda-developers

This rom is based on the latest OTA, Sense 1 rom but everything works. Plus very nice themed release. Reminds me of the Myn Warm series (froyo). Chef is excellent. Check it out. :)

Tinkerbell 10-15-2011 10:52 AM

Re: great rom to check out

Wow! That does look amazing!! Nice!!

KIOWA69 10-15-2011 06:52 PM

I'll check it out also and see how it looks, good looking out bro thanks for the heads up on it.

KIOWA69 10-15-2011 09:02 PM

Unfortunately I'm staying in a hotel right now but finally got the ROM downloaded and going to give it a flash to see how it is, looks like a great ROM, currently running R3charged from EVOlvedRom which is a Sense 3.0 ROM, been running pretty good. Will update later on how it's running after I get it flashed, thanks again for the heads up on this, can never flash to many ROMs lol.

Riley 10-15-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIOWA69 (Post 2150488)
Unfortunately I'm staying in a hotel right now but finally got the ROM downloaded and going to give it a flash to see how it is, looks like a great ROM, currently running R3charged from EVOlvedRom which is a Sense 3.0 ROM, been running pretty good. Will update later on how it's running after I get it flashed, thanks again for the heads up on this, can never flash to many ROMs lol.

Cool. It's pretty solid. Only thing is I needed to install gmail app from the market. For some reason it wasn't showing up in apps.

mulhiny 10-16-2011 11:28 AM

Looks nice..going to give it a whirl this afternoon. Thanks, Dave.

Edit : So I flashed this. Very smooth and nice. Loved the look of it. Unfortunately my camera kept force closing..

Riley 10-16-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 2150576)
Looks nice..going to give it a whirl this afternoon. Thanks, Dave.

Edit : So I flashed this. Very smooth and nice. Loved the look of it. Unfortunately my camera kept force closing..

That sucks man. Mine isn't force closing. Strange.

mulhiny 10-16-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley (Post 2150619)
That sucks man. Mine isn't force closing. Strange.

yeah, I don't know.. I even tried a reflash. I doubt it's a bad download as the camera is the only thing broke. I tried with both the kernel it came with and then Freedom, same result.

Edit : re-downloaded the zip..same deal. I posted in the official thread for some help. :-/

KIOWA69 10-16-2011 10:04 PM

So I got the ROM downloaded and flashed, have to say I really like it, nice solid ROM that's been running good and no issues that I have ran into so far, haven't tried the camera so don't know if that's an issue, but I don't use it that often so even if it was broke for some reason I could live with it. Wanted to say thanks for bringing this ROM to our attention, nothing like trying out new ROM's since things have been slow lately with ROM development for our EVO's.

Riley 10-17-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIOWA69 (Post 2150667)
So I got the ROM downloaded and flashed, have to say I really like it, nice solid ROM that's been running good and no issues that I have ran into so far, haven't tried the camera so don't know if that's an issue, but I don't use it that often so even if it was broke for some reason I could live with it. Wanted to say thanks for bringing this ROM to our attention, nothing like trying out new ROM's since things have been slow lately with ROM development for our EVO's.

Yes, this one is really great for me. Stable and fast. I do miss the some of the sense 2 and 3 elements but I don't mind since everything works for me. The chef is a great guy as well. I've been trying to get him to post his rom over here as well. Hopefully sometime in the future. :)