PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   My EVO 4G is doing some weird things... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145876)

Parasurfer1979 07-20-2011 05:49 PM

My EVO 4G is doing some weird things...

I' been in the hospital for 3weeks fighting viral menengitis (all is well) and a few days ago, my phone battery does not last at all. On top of this there is a solid red light on the opposite side of the charging LED which ive never seen and the batter icon on the screen continues to show the phone is charging whe the charger is disconnected. When the charger is connected i've noticed that the phone gets very hot so i wonder if that RED LED on the right side behind the ear speaker means that. When i called sprint they were gonna just sent me a battery and would call me in a few days when the battery arrived to see if anything changed and during that time he'd be reading up on the issues i was having and hoped to have an answer. I recieved an email from sprint that my replacement phone was on the way which confused me because i was expectint a battery. The weight of the package is .40lbs which is def heavier than a battery. Anyone ever had this issue with their EVO? Thank you in advance.

darren.wlsn1 07-20-2011 06:46 PM

Re: My EVO 4G is doing some weird things...

did you backup and hardreset, sometimes that will fix issues and are you roaming?

Parasurfer1979 07-20-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2130231)
did you backup and hardreset, sometimes that will fix issues and are you roaming?

Yes I did reset and Im in my city Wilmington, NC so no I'm not roaming.

Has anyon had this red LED light up on their phone?

darren.wlsn1 07-20-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 (Post 2130249)
Yes I did reset and Im in my city Wilmington, NC so no I'm not roaming.

Has anyon had this red LED light up on their phone?

this guy had the red led after dropping in water.
HTC EVO 4G :: Orange Charge Light And Red Light Appearing

this one also stuck on after charging.
HTC EVO 4G :: Charging Light Stays On After Unplug

Parasurfer1979 07-20-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2130261)
this guy had the red led after dropping in water.
HTC EVO 4G :: Orange Charge Light And Red Light Appearing

this one also stuck on after charging.
HTC EVO 4G :: Charging Light Stays On After Unplug

im in a hospital and my phone is kept in a cubby. never been wet. the other thread never didnt even have any info i could use. Sprint just sent out a replacement phone to my local store. My mom will pick it up for me.

gator352 07-22-2011 04:00 AM

Your phone can be replaced, fixed, buried, or even used as a snickers bar, but you can't be replaced! I hope you get better soon and out and about! Hopefully with a new shiney EVO!

Parasurfer1979 07-22-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 2130796)
Your phone can be replaced, fixed, buried, or even used as a snickers bar, but you can't be replaced! I hope you get better soon and out and about! Hopefully with a new shiney EVO!

Thank you for the kind words. This Meningitis kicked my Ass but I don't remember any of it. The Dr said to be glad I didn't. I was having seizures and hallucinations. I'm better now. I'm in rehab now building my strength up. The new phone should be here today.