PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   32gb SD card issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145854)

divineazn716 07-20-2011 03:24 AM

32gb SD card issue

hey i was wondering if anyone had any problems with using a 32gb SD card? I recently just bought one and for some reason i tried to put a bunch of songs onto the card so i can listen to it through my phone and for some reason it doesnt add all of the songs in? I tried to format the SD card and wipe it clean and it still doesnt allow me to do it? certain cards dont work or something? any help would be great help. thanks!

mobius999 07-21-2011 09:34 AM

Re: 32gb SD card issue

All I can tell you is I've had a 32gb one in mine since I got it (month or so after release) and never had an issue. Maybe you have a bad card, try exchanging it?

hypeo 07-21-2011 01:52 PM

Maybe its DRM blocking them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by divineazn716 (Post 2130001)
hey i was wondering if anyone had any problems with using a 32gb SD card? I recently just bought one and for some reason i tried to put a bunch of songs onto the card so i can listen to it through my phone and for some reason it doesnt add all of the songs in? I tried to format the SD card and wipe it clean and it still doesnt allow me to do it? certain cards dont work or something? any help would be great help. thanks!

Karl 07-21-2011 02:16 PM

Are they all in the same codec

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

rnunez 07-21-2011 05:10 PM

I bought 3 different ones off ebay vendors,all did the same thing.The phone shows them as 32 GB cards but they are realy 2GB that have been "doctored" to look like 32GB cards.

I finally bought one from a retail store and it works great.If you got your card from ebay it is most likely a "counterfit " one

Da Uniq 1 07-21-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnunez (Post 2130616)
I bought 3 different ones off ebay vendors,all did the same thing.The phone shows them as 32 GB cards but they are realy 2GB that have been "doctored" to look like 32GB cards.

I finally bought one from a retail store and it works great.If you got your card from ebay it is most likely a "counterfit " one

That is messed up. How much were the ones from EBAY if you don't mind me asking?

rnunez 07-21-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 (Post 2130634)
That is messed up. How much were the ones from EBAY if you don't mind me asking?

They were $35 to $40. The vendors were all stand up people and refunded my money when I pointed out the problem. I found a program to test them and they all tested at 2GB.

Da Uniq 1 07-22-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnunez (Post 2130637)
They were $35 to $40. The vendors were all stand up people and refunded my money when I pointed out the problem. I found a program to test them and they all tested at 2GB.

Glad you got your $$ back. What program did you use? Care to share? Does it run from phone or from a PC?

rnunez 07-22-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 (Post 2130939)
Glad you got your $$ back. What program did you use? Care to share? Does it run from phone or from a PC?

H2testw was the program.Just google the name and you will get the download.It runs from your PC. You place the SD card into your PC and the program writes to it. It then reads the card to determine the size.Every one of the counterfit cars showed only 1.8GB of good space and the rest as bad sectors.I could load music/videos on them but only up to 1.8GB. Anything more than that would not show up.

Da Uniq 1 07-25-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnunez (Post 2130967)
H2testw was the program.Just google the name and you will get the download.It runs from your PC. You place the SD card into your PC and the program writes to it. It then reads the card to determine the size.Every one of the counterfit cars showed only 1.8GB of good space and the rest as bad sectors.I could load music/videos on them but only up to 1.8GB. Anything more than that would not show up.

Thanks for the info