PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have storage issues since GB?

I'm a bit baffled regarding low storage issues on the phone. Prior to the upgrade, I usually keep my storage around 44MB free. After the original upgrade, I gained some free space (62MB Free), so I installed more apps, until I got about 52Mb of space. After awhile, my storage went down to around 43Mb. I removed some apps, just in case. Then recently, I'm getting low storage warnings and noticed it is down to 32Mb. I've deleted more apps, but not much, since all the apps I have now are important to me. I've already applied the GB fix after the initial GB update. I've already cleared cache several times, deleted most of my SMS, deleted mails from Trash and Draft, and even restarted the phone with no significant effect. I am unable to apply Adobe Flash player update or any other app updates, due to the low storage issue. My phone is NOT rooted.

Anyone have similar issues or a resolution?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Anyone have storage issues since GB?

Man...I actually saw my storage go from 40MB to 120MB after receiving a new EVO from Asurion and loading everything back on. You may want to try a hard reset, not sure if your reset was a regular or hard reset. I am not rooted either.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

I dont have much space either after trying two GB roms. Perhaps all this contact linking.. I have lots of redundant contacts.... only 37mb left? My contacts file is about 36mb.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I would bet money that between the updates for the programs like the Google maps updates and your other program updates and all the caches that go with them are eating up your space, that's about the only thing it can be, and I take it that you are talking about the internal memory? If yes then try moving programs to your SD card to gain internal space.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I would bet money that between the updates for the programs like the Google maps updates and your other program updates and all the caches that go with them are eating up your space, that's about the only thing it can be, and I take it that you are talking about the internal memory? If yes then try moving programs to your SD card to gain internal space.
I've been using app2SD and aCCleaner for awhile already. I haven't used any apps out of the norm, so I would have noticed the change ever since the update. It's just the other day, my storage went from 43Mb free to 32Mb free and the only thing I've been using was Runkeeper and Facebook app.

Last edited by crazie.eddie; 06-30-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am performing a factory reset to see if it will fix anything.

EDIT:
I just performed a factory reset and have 366Mb free. This is after I synced my Google account. I will now reinstall my apps, using AppBrain.

Last edited by crazie.eddie; 06-30-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

After performing a factory reset and installing about 99% of the apps, I now have about 233Mb free. I was not able to install 2 apps, which I'm assuming is due to the app not being allowed to install on Gingerbread. I also installed some apps, I removed previously.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm wondering if the app, aCCleaner, I was using stop functioning or did not function properly after Gingerbread. aCCleaner was no longer found, so I installed App Cache Cleaner. It's rather strange that I have over 200Mb free, while previously I was lucky to have 42Mb free. I did have allot of text messages, with 1 or 2 having over 100 conversations.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Glad you are getting things working again, now watch the space go as you do updates and stuff and as you use the programs their caches are going to use up space also, but as of right now you sound like you're good to go.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
I'm wondering if the app, aCCleaner, I was using stop functioning or did not function properly after Gingerbread. aCCleaner was no longer found, so I installed App Cache Cleaner. It's rather strange that I have over 200Mb free, while previously I was lucky to have 42Mb free. I did have allot of text messages, with 1 or 2 having over 100 conversations.
The only program I use to clean anything is cache cleaner and I never have any issues from it and it keeps things clean and running smoothly, I also use Advanced Task Killer to kill programs, bet you are right that if you did flash to a Gingerbread rom and it wasn't working that is why your space was getting eaten up.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G