PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

uscjunkie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for some rooting help

I have rooted my EVO using a Mac and unrevoked and it went flawlessly but I am trying to help out a friend root his phone and we have to use a PC and it is being a pain in the butt. I loaded the Android USB Driver and that went fine. Then I enabled USB debugging and ran the Unrevoked software and it never works. It goes through the process just fine....I click on HBoot and the program restarts the phone. Once it comes back up the Unrevoked software says Failed to flash recovery image. The phone is still version 2.2 with a baseband version 2.15.00.11.19 with 0003 Hardware version. Anyone tell me what I might try to get this to work?

Thanks

Last edited by uscjunkie; 06-08-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjunkie View Post
I have rooted my EVO using a Mac and unrevoked and it went flawlessly but I am trying to help out a friend root his phone and we have to use a PC and it is being a pain in the butt. I loaded the Android USB Driver and that went fine. Then I enabled USB debugging and ran the Unrevoked software and it never works. It goes through the process just fine....I click on HBoot and the program restarts the phone. Once it comes back up the Unrevoked software says Failed to flash recovery image. The phone is still version 2.2 with a baseband version 2.15.00.11.19 with 0003 Hardware version. Anyone tell me what I might try to get this to work?

Thanks
What version of Hboot is the phone running?

TapaTalk via HTC Evo 4G (HW 02) | Deck's Gingerbread 2.3.4 v1.2t | Tiamat 3.3.7 SBC Kernel
Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Looking for some rooting help

Over at XDA-DEVELOPERS.com site, under the EVO threads, look for "universal autoroot", that works. Last month I unrooted mine and used that thread to reroot, very simple compared to the original root last summer.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Looking for some rooting help

Do you have active syn installed? If I remember right you're not supposed to so if he has that then uninstall it. Also even for me unrevoked didn't work the first time so try it a couple of times, and lastly why can't you just do it on your mac if you can't get it to work on windows?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G