PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   What do you think about gingerbread-evo-deck ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142322)

ZUMA 03-30-2011 03:18 PM

What do you think about gingerbread-evo-deck ROM?

I'm running OMJ's EVO 2.2 ROM and was thinking about trying out gingerbread-evo-deck ROM. Anyone try it, and what do you think about it? I'm probable going to try it out in the next few days but just wanted to know what everyone thinks about it.

tkelly311 03-30-2011 03:28 PM

Re: What do you think about gingerbread-evo-deck ROM?

I've been running it for over a week and it's pretty sweet. Battery is seriously 10x better. I was running OMJ EVO rom for a long time and although I really like what Sense can do, I don't miss it at all on Gingerbread. Make sure you follow the install directions closely otherwise you'll have some issues. I've put it on 4 phones now and have not had any problems.

OMJ 03-30-2011 03:58 PM

I tried Decks ROM too, it's a nice ROM, but it wasn't 30min later & I was back to Sense.....to me, Sense is what makes the EVO so great....I'm hooked ;) can't wait for fully functioning Sense 2.x, GB/Sense too

RONMAC 03-30-2011 04:52 PM

I've been running Deck rom for a week now and I am loving it. I did the VVM fix as well as the GPS fix an d I am running with no issues.

ZUMA 03-30-2011 08:18 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm running gingerbread-evo-deck ROM now its nice but I'm starting to miss sense. I guess I'll give it a few day and see if I get used to it. Right now I kinda want to go back to OMJ's ROM.

spivey8 03-30-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUMA (Post 2076942)
Thanks for the input. I'm running gingerbread-evo-deck ROM now its nice but I'm starting to miss sense. I guess I'll give it a few day and see if I get used to it. Right now I kinda want to go back to OMJ's ROM.

what do you miss about sense?

i have been running decks rom since rc1... LOVE IT

ZUMA 03-30-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spivey8 (Post 2077020)
what do you miss about sense?

i have been running decks rom since rc1... LOVE IT

Some of the widgets, and the way OMJ's was setup right after I flashed it. I'm not done with it, I'm still working with it.

seahurst 03-31-2011 09:02 AM

I had tried both Gingerbread on Cyanogen's and Deck's but now back to 2.2 with Sense. I agreed with OMJ about Sense. It's the whole experience with Sense that makes it worth... the interface, widgets, etc... I said the same thing when I was having my HTC Diamond. Windows mobile wasn't anything interesting until HTC Sense came along. You can have a non-Sense ROM and install individual widgets/apps to replace what you miss on Sense but they are so disconnected.

johntiger 03-31-2011 12:45 PM

I kind of miss sense too but with me having a job where I can't keep my phone plugged in all day you can't beat the battery life with deck's rom. I mean I can easily get through my 12 hour day with more than half a charge left even with tree email apps both facebook and twitter widgets and the engadget widget running. It would be really nice to figure out what sense is doing that's sucking the battery. If I could only get the stupid GPS to work correctly and a better contacts act because the one included sucks.

PropagandaX 03-31-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seahurst (Post 2077246)
I had tried both Gingerbread on Cyanogen's and Deck's but now back to 2.2 with Sense. I agreed with OMJ about Sense. It's the whole experience with Sense that makes it worth... the interface, widgets, etc... I said the same thing when I was having my HTC Diamond. Windows mobile wasn't anything interesting until HTC Sense came along. You can have a non-Sense ROM and install individual widgets/apps to replace what you miss on Sense but they are so disconnected.

Triple agree. Android by itself is not that polished. HTC has made some nice changes to the UI, not just the widgets. Decks rom was nice but I too always end back at sense. I give him kudos for bringing one of the first EVO ginger-roms to ppcgeeks, i much prefer this site than xda anyday.