PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Just downloaded cyanogenmod 7 and I think its stuck; HELP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141251)

Jkelly 02-24-2011 06:34 PM

Just downloaded cyanogenmod 7 and I think its stuck; HELP

I'm a newbie and new to the "root" world. I was downloading the cyanogen and it seemed to do just fine until the phone cycled off and on and now it keeps showing the logo with the arrow circling around it for the last hour.

Any advice?

Sulten 02-24-2011 08:12 PM

Re: Just downloaded cyanogenmod 7 and I think its stuck; HELP

are you using rom manager? and did u do a back up? u may have to pull the battery.

twilk 02-24-2011 10:20 PM

after flashing cm sometimes for me it gets stuck. i just pull the battery and when it comes back on it starts up fine. if that doesnt work just stat from scratch. re wipe and re flash.

uofajac 02-25-2011 08:25 PM

Has anyone else tried the new CM7 with gingerbread? How is it? Is it worth a flash or should I wait until all the bugs are worked out?

aman1127 02-25-2011 08:44 PM

For me not worth flashing.....yet. I feel its a bit too buggy still for everyday (yes I know that's why its called rc1). Thought its fast and nice, there are faster out there that are just as good. Besides, why have a 4g phone if you can't use it

Cooler than your EVO

uofajac 02-25-2011 08:51 PM

I'm with you aman. I'm real happy with my current rom and everything works prefect. Won't make the leap until they perfect it. Still cool to see it's out there though.

AngeloUCF 03-01-2011 11:11 AM

For what it's worth, I tried it a few weeks ago and switched back to the stock rom a couple of days later. Even with all animations off, it was still sort of slow just navigating around the phone, especially the notification pull-down.

I loved CM6 on the hero but I'll hold on for a better build on the evo.

twilk 03-01-2011 04:48 PM

I believe 4g has been implimented into the nightlies now so hopefulyy rc2 is around the corner. I was going to make the leap from 6.1.2 or whatever to rc1 but after finding out they had 4g work with nightlies i figured id just wait for the next rc. Its just a long process for me considering every new rom for me means I completly wipe and start fresh apps included.

I have been a fan of CM roms since day one of the CM roms for the evo. I have never messed with a nightly I tend to stick with stables and rc's. I always do the research on the current rc though to see how stable it is before making the switch.

One nice thing though is nandroid backup. You can always back up your current setup and try any new rom you want after playing with it you can go right back to your old setup if you like. Only time wasted is time spent with new rom.

Oh and for the above poseter the latest CM6 on the Hero is almost as good as CM6.1.2 on my Evo. My wife has the Hero and the latest CM6 has done worlds better for performance. I know recent CM's have been slow on the Hero especialy the lock screen portion. Thats all been worked out ant that little android fly's now.

Lastly I saw some posts about CM being slow, it has never been slow for me. I always run the rom fresh, I flash it then set it all up fresh. I have never had an slow CM roms. With that not I have never run a nightly but I have run a few RC's.

bigcee 03-10-2011 06:21 PM

I think it's great & definitely worth flashing. I've been using it for about 3days straight & the only problem I have is sending text messages to more than one person at a time.

aman1127 03-10-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcee (Post 2066866)
I think it's great & definitely worth flashing. I've been using it for about 3days straight & the only problem I have is sending text messages to more than one person at a time.

stock messaging app is garbage so dl handcent. It allows you to send 5mb pics as well