PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   I am having Problems unrooting htc evo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140409)

capone0914 01-31-2011 01:58 PM

I am having Problems unrooting htc evo

I Rooted my phone a few months ago. I realize if your phone is rooted u can not do the updates for your evo phone. I am on android version 2.2/ software # 3.29651.5. I downloaded ruu supersonic sprint stock with the same software #. I connect phone to usb and comp 32bit windows 7 dell insperion 1501. It goes thru the process just fine till it gets to the bootloader part. It makes the phone black with htc logo. On comp screen it says rebooting to bootloader and then waiting for bootloader. It does that for bout 3min then i get an error 171 connection error. Its connected, there r no problems with the connection. The screen on phone is stuck in black with htc logo on it. I diconnect from comp and get this white screen that says supersonic evtz-3 ship s-off
hboot-0.97.000
microp-041f and sum other stuff. What am i doing wrong? Why can i not go back to stock?

subprime 01-31-2011 02:36 PM

Re: I am having Problems unrooting htc evo

What method did you use to root it? unrevoked? The s-off means it is still rooted.

mswlogo 01-31-2011 03:09 PM

What can't you update (with a flash) that you can with stock?

One ROM I just tried (I forget if it was Sprint Lovers or Myn's) offered a ROM that updated radio etc. too.

I'm running NonSense now, pretty nice. Not sure about battery yet though. I had good battery life on stock AFTER a few cycles and shutting a few things off.

Da Uniq 1 01-31-2011 06:37 PM

I would stay routed and simply flash an updated radio or flash a rom with the most current radio.

No real reason to un root unless you are taking your phon into a Sprint Service center for repairs

lkillen 02-01-2011 06:52 AM

There are 100% up to date ROMs all over this place. You do not have to UnRoot to go to 3.7/1.9!!

Install SPrint Lover's All-In-One.

capone0914 02-05-2011 02:46 AM

well i used unrevoked but i figured it out yesterday. I found a file pc36img that fixed my problem. I don't know why i couldn't get any of the sprint updates while my phone was rooted, i just couldn't. I could down load the updates but every time i tried to install them it failed. I was only doing it for the updates. I unrooted it now but if i decided to root it again i will know. Thanks all

tj.iscool 02-05-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 (Post 2048586)
I would stay routed and simply flash an updated radio or flash a rom with the most current radio.

No real reason to un root unless you are taking your phon into a Sprint Service center for repairs

I keep my phone rooted even if i send it in for repairs, them fools don't check that shit

Karl 02-05-2011 12:44 PM

if im right you cant do an ota cuz roms have edited epst.apk

lkillen 02-08-2011 12:52 PM

I have never been able to update via OTA since rooting. That goes back to EClair days. I would always get the Triangle thing. I don't even try anymore.