PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   3 issues I noticed with my e\/o (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139648)

jonlee83 01-14-2011 01:38 PM

3 issues I noticed with my e\/o

Hey guys

I hope you can help me. I noticed that sometimes when I am texting and typing in the compose box, the send sms button can not be pressed. I have to copy the message close the chat and paste it then I can send the text.

When making phone calls, there have been a few times where I can hear the person but they cannot hear me. Also happens when I have my phone plugged into my car via 3.5mm jack and they cant hear me.

Lastly, With my headphones on, notifications play out the phones speaker and not the headphones. I think it plays through the headphones sometime :scratch:.

edit: I knew i forgot something.

Im using azrael 3.1 rom and 4.2.1 cfs havs bfq less smartass kernel...

I think there is more but I cant think of it now. I will edit this once they pop in my head.

EDIT#2: Now when check my text through the top notification bar, a quantity amount for the text still shows on the main screen on my dock. I tap the dock to check my text and there are no unread text. I have to view the most recent text again for that quantity to go away... Could it be a launcher pro issue?

Karl 01-14-2011 02:04 PM

Re: 3 issues I noticed with my e\/o

what rom

shatner 01-14-2011 02:53 PM

after typing a txt try pressing the back key to get rid of the keyboard

jonlee83 01-14-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatner (Post 2036722)
after typing a txt try pressing the back key to get rid of the keyboard

I edited my first post.

I tried that. that didnt help...

jrob 01-14-2011 06:36 PM

stock or custom rom?

nevermind, i reread the op!!! i have a similar problem with CM 6.1. I can't retrieve voicemails!!! any suggestions?

mardukeme 01-14-2011 07:23 PM

I have the same issue with the text messages as well on stock rooted rom.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DiamynzNPearlz 01-14-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mardukeme (Post 2036887)
I have the same issue with the text messages as well on stock rooted rom.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ditto

lkillen 01-14-2011 11:13 PM

One of the thing that the Swype and some other keyboards forgot was the collapse keyboard key. They assume you will be able to touch into a non-textual area. The keyboard goes down when you leave focus of a text receptive area.

Often you can find an area of the screen above the text window and touching it will throw the event to collapse. Lousey program design.

gator352 01-15-2011 07:10 AM

"Im using azrael 3.1 rom and 4.2.1 cfs havs bfq less smartass kernel..."

The kernel is just being a smartass.......try a general....

gator352 01-15-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkillen (Post 2036987)
One of the thing that the Swype and some other keyboards forgot was the collapse keyboard key. They assume you will be able to touch into a non-textual area. The keyboard goes down when you leave focus of a text receptive area.

Often you can find an area of the screen above the text window and touching it will throw the event to collapse. Lousey program design.

I've run into a few situations where I couldn't tap in a neutral area without tapping something else. I agree the design is flawed and needs to be adressed.