PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Force Close in Market (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136775)

Big Redneck3100 11-10-2010 08:22 PM

Force Close in Market

Within the past few weeks Ive been experiencing some force close issues in the Market....I go to update my applications and when I click on one to update, I get the little popup for blah blah market needs to force close.....Has anyone else experienced this??

petemills8 11-10-2010 09:44 PM

Re: Force Close in Market

I've been getting this too, but I've only had my EVO for a few weeks and thought it was just a bug since it only happens occasionally. I can open market right after the force close and my updates download and install no problem so I haven't been worried about it.

jkpsaras 11-10-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petemills8 (Post 1992735)
I've been getting this too, but I've only had my EVO for a few weeks and thought it was just a bug since it only happens occasionally. I can open market right after the force close and my updates download and install no problem so I haven't been worried about it.

Ditto

dallas contractor 11-11-2010 11:30 AM

Google had some problems with Market getting ready for 2.3 Gingerbread but that was only last few days as I remember.

electrongun 11-11-2010 01:15 PM

There's a thread somewhere, with an easy non-permanent solution and a more complicated permanent solution.
I only remember the easy way which consists of going to settings/SD & phone storage/unmount SD card, then you should be able to download your updates after which you can re-mount your SD card.
I think the more permanent way was to move all your apps on the SD cards back to the phone's memory and then back onto the card. Not sure though...

demonlordoftheround 11-11-2010 02:11 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

FWIW, I just used Android Market with no problems. Downloaded and updated applications.

electrongun 11-11-2010 03:31 PM

found it:
Fix for Market apps not downloading or installing (image warning) - Android Forums

petemills8 11-11-2010 05:51 PM

To be clear, this is only a problem with the Market force closing when updating apps. Further, this is only an intermittent problem, and when restarted, the Market downloads and installs apps without a problem. I don't even have any apps installed to SD card, so the link provided really isn't relevant, though I'm sure people having that problem really appreciate the link.

dfine1966 11-13-2010 03:01 PM

I am having the same problem with my EVO. It is intermittent and all you have to do is close the Market program and reopen it and it is fine and starts downloading. I thought I was the only one having this problem. I think this is a different problem then the other one with that fix. The force close usually happens on the first updates of the day for me, most of the time. The rest of the day is fine. I do shut off my phone each night.