PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Bad MicroUSB Port-Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136243)

dallas contractor 10-30-2010 07:02 PM

Bad MicroUSB Port-Sprint

Took phone in store to have replaced. Many others have had same problem with usb on EVO. Sprint replaced with no question. If you check many forums posted with this issue.

farrellcollie 11-03-2010 08:06 PM

Re: Bad MicroUSB Port-Sprint

Can you give more details like how long you had your phone and if they fixed the port or replaced whole phone? I have had mine since launch day and the charge port has just started to go bad - it works intermittently.

TeamMike 11-03-2010 09:02 PM

same here, but im not sure if its the usb port, or the charger cables it self. also, if i dont use an oem chager it makes my phone freeze up.

blkhwkz 11-03-2010 09:06 PM

Mine was charging intermittently for awhile, thought it might be the port but it was the crap cable they include with the power adapter. I have a few other microUSB cables around the house and those all work fine. Had the phone since launch day and the cable issue started in early September. I have seen lots of posts of the connector on cable having issues and issues of bad ports.

dallas contractor 11-03-2010 09:30 PM

Glad yours worked my usb port would move around up and down. After this new phone I wonder if it was not attached properly in beginning. New phone is much tighter when pluging in. Got up and was a store at 5 AM on 6/4 for release, guess that is what you get for first release.

dakidobf 11-04-2010 12:17 AM

I had a launch day Evo and my port started going bad in early August. Tried all types of different cables and outlets and it was definitely the port. Took it to sprint and they replaced the whole phone.

dallas contractor 11-04-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakidobf (Post 1987682)
I had a launch day Evo and my port started going bad in early August. Tried all types of different cables and outlets and it was definitely the port. Took it to sprint and they replaced the whole phone.

Glad they replace your phone too. Was yours rooted? FYI Sprint can not fix usb port connects to phone. One can be a bad port and other is when it seperates from motherboard. I called a company that repairs phone in Dallas area. Funny thing is they can not repair if comes off motherboard .

rainfreak 11-04-2010 08:21 AM

I have to get my EVO in to get it replaced because my micro USB port went out as well. Fortunately I am the IT manager for my company and had already bought an extra EVO, in case something happened to mine. I just did an ESN swap online and then root and NAND restore and I was back up and running like I never had a problem :)

farrellcollie 11-04-2010 09:45 AM

Mine is definitely the port - it does not work with any charger I have. I am rooted and am wondering if I need to unroot before visiting the store.

dallas contractor 11-04-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farrellcollie (Post 1987832)
Mine is definitely the port - it does not work with any charger I have. I am rooted and am wondering if I need to unroot before visiting the store.

If you can unroot. I could not battery died. I was able to get replacement some others have posted they could not get replaced being rooted.