PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it just me or....

Do 4G speeds seem to be getting faster and faster? Is it because of the radio updates? When I first got this phone I was averaging like 3 megs... 6 tops. Right now im averaging 9 megs and getting constants of 10 megs. Im pleased about it but I DO wish they would expand existing coverage. On the north side of town there is a spot where my GF lives that sits probably directly between two towers. In the middle its like her street is the only one I cant get 4G on.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/20.2479; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

I've read that most people saw 4g speeds increase with the OTA. It is also true for my friend.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Is it just me or....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Do 4G speeds seem to be getting faster and faster? Is it because of the radio updates? When I first got this phone I was averaging like 3 megs... 6 tops. Right now im averaging 9 megs and getting constants of 10 megs. Im pleased about it but I DO wish they would expand existing coverage. On the north side of town there is a spot where my GF lives that sits probably directly between two towers. In the middle its like her street is the only one I cant get 4G on.
They must have did something in the atlanta area for sure and it doesn't have anything to do with the OTA since this happened before the latest OTA. I live on the south side but where ever I am in atlanta the absolute most I would get is 5 to 6 meg down, now for the last 3 weeks or so I been getting a consistent 9 to 10 meg down. At my house though I can't get a good signal, its crazy, I can literally walk 250 ft to the beginning of my street and get 3 full bars but I will lucky to get 1 bar at my house.

EDIT: oh yeah and in before the move

Old 09-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
There redoing 4g here where I live we hiting more then 10mps

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Is it just me or....

I am North of Atlanta in hte Buford area. Even up here, 4G is pretty solid and fast. My only complaint is when it drops 4G, I loose my WunderRadio connection and have to manually re-acquire. But it is getting better.

iPhone eat you heart out and hold your phone right!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G