PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Xbox live help/tethered Win 7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131599)

scrapir 08-15-2010 07:54 AM

Xbox live help/tethered Win 7

So I got usb tethered working on my unrooted phone with my win 7 laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to share it with my xbox now. I did the ISC but still can't connect on my xbox. I have turned off any firewall I have also. I've seen many people do this before just not on win7.

themuffinman 08-15-2010 10:39 AM

Re: Xbox live help/tethered Win 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapir (Post 1911702)
So I got usb tethered working on my unrooted phone with my win 7 laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to share it with my xbox now. I did the ISC but still can't connect on my xbox. I have turned off any firewall I have also. I've seen many people do this before just not on win7.

Just root and wireless tether, its alot easier. If you are on the stock ota froyo 2.2 then you can't at the moment.

scrapir 08-15-2010 12:05 PM

I'm a noob to android always been on winmob. With the flashed htc 6800/tp2. Would love to root but a bit afraid. Also don't have the wifi card for my xbox. I never updated to froyo seeing I have the tethering working on the stock.

TREmp77 08-15-2010 01:30 PM

I dont know about win7 but on older versions of windows if you go into your Network connection and click on properties then sharing then check the box that says "allow other network users to connect through this computers network connection."

ChrisH09 08-15-2010 04:49 PM

Seriously...Xbox live on your evo connection....good luck. You do relize the ping time on the evo to the server is like 200ms or more...right? You will start to lag like crazy if the Sprint network is busy...which is not worth it....Your better off using a wireless network off your cable or DSL connection at home.

johnnychimpo 08-15-2010 06:25 PM

right?

ChrisH09 08-16-2010 02:21 AM

You can call and ask Sprint, they will not recommend using your phone as a modem to run Xbox Live...even if they were to allow it like I said before...your ping would shoot through the roof...and you would get lag spikes like crazy. Also you would be pissing off everyone else on that tower because you would be hogging all the bandwidth. Hope that helps!

rainfreak 08-16-2010 08:14 AM

As a serious player of Modern Warfare 2 on XBL, I feel it necessary to BEG you not to use your tethered phone (3G or 4G) to play games on XBL. I have 18MB Internet at home and still feel the pain of a slow host or frustrations of trying to shoot a player that lags all over the screen.

Please, please rethink your idea. Many of us who play on XBL would appreciate it if you would not tether to play.

scrapir 08-16-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1912575)
As a serious player of Modern Warfare 2 on XBL, I feel it necessary to BEG you not to use your tethered phone (3G or 4G) to play games on XBL. I have 18MB Internet at home and still feel the pain of a slow host or frustrations of trying to shoot a player that lags all over the screen.

Please, please rethink your idea. Many of us who play on XBL would appreciate it if you would not tether to play.

They probably have a lag switch. I know a lot on MW2 do that.

rainfreak 08-16-2010 10:26 AM

I would agree with you that some of them do use a lag switch, however after three years on this board, I am certain that others are also trying to tether for Internet access.

And lag is no one's friend.