PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Droid X blockbuster app on EVO (or something similar) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131303)

Agent0Hibachi 08-11-2010 12:12 AM

Droid X blockbuster app on EVO (or something similar)

So i went into Verizon store to be nosy about their Droid X an i saw a blockbuster app. The lady told me that i could rent or buy movies an have them downloaded directly to the phone where i can watch it .. Now uhhh i would LOVE to do something like that on my EVO is there an app to do that or a way that it can be done? Just throwing that question out there...

mebo73 08-11-2010 01:41 AM

Re: Droid X blockbuster app on EVO (or something similar)

The app is availible but hasnt been ported yet for the evo

themogul8 08-11-2010 01:53 AM

I downloaded the blockbuster app to my EVO and it seems to work fine. I have yet to download and watch a movie, but everything else functions great. I just wish it had the ability to update your online queue and that movies were a little cheaper. They want like 4 bucks to download a movie to your phone.

mebo73 08-11-2010 02:19 AM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=14

Didnt know they got it working

gutrrob 08-11-2010 06:56 AM

I read last friday that netflix is offically launching "watch instantly" to android soon.

subzero1313 08-11-2010 08:16 AM

The BB app is on the market, but it force closes on EVERYTHING

Aloupha 08-11-2010 09:34 AM

AVA's latest rom has the blockbuster app on it. You might want to check it out. It works great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720682

ddark4eva 08-11-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob (Post 1907069)
I read last friday that netflix is offically launching "watch instantly" to android soon.

http://www.talkandroid.com/5059-netf...-in-the-works/

http://cnettv.cnet.com/netflix-comin...-50091460.html

Ill wait on netflix... my girl already has a subscription :evil4:

gutrrob 08-11-2010 11:52 AM

+1 on netflix, BB movies are $3.99 to rent, Netflix streaming is free if your a subscriber

subzero1313 08-11-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob (Post 1907284)
+1 on netflix, BB movies are $3.99 to rent, Netflix streaming is free if your a subscriber

They may charge for the app. AFAIK they haven't said 1 way or another

Ticklemepinks 08-11-2010 12:12 PM

mspot movies is in the market place and it like the blockbuster app, it also offers a random free movie every week...

yankees45us 08-11-2010 02:06 PM

The blockbuster app is still not on the market. It also doesn't work on the evo. How have some of you saying your using it. A little help please.

rkiechle 08-11-2010 02:09 PM

BB was working for me, ( i don't remember which ROM i was on..) but it is a pay per movie and $4 each is crazy, there are others places i can download them for free and copy them over and watch them when i want....

I have been reading about the netflix app for months now... and also read they "just" hired an android person to work on this app... doesn't sound like it will be out anytime soon... i hope it comes soon and is included in normal netflix membership, like wii and ps3 ...

princem131 08-11-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 1907466)
The blockbuster app is still not on the market. It also doesn't work on the evo. How have some of you saying your using it. A little help please.

I just downloaded the app from the xda link in this thread and it loaded on my evo with no problem. I havent tried downloading anymovies tho because I dont have an account nor am i paying $4 for someting that I could watch for free/cheaper.... Bring on the NETFLIX-oid lol

Edit 1: I almost want to pay just to see if it will work and how it looks tho
Edit 2: Just registered and created an account so far so good... interestingly enough at the top of the screen it says BB mobile Powered by SPRINT ???? I will take the dive and try to rent a video in a little bit (BTW I'm running the Freshh Rom)
Edit 2.5: Downloading a movie now with no problems so far. WiFi downloads only and its sloooow! *Speed improved on my home wifi started downloading at the gym

subzero1313 08-11-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 1907466)

I think they pulled it because it was force closings on everything, I got it from the market, but I don't see it there now

Agent0Hibachi 08-11-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 1907485)
I just downloaded the app from the xda link in this thread and it loaded on my evo with no problem. I havent tried downloading anymovies tho because I dont have an account nor am i paying $4 for someting that I could watch for free/cheaper.... Bring on the NETFLIX-oid lol

Edit 2: Just registered and created an account so far so good... interestingly enough at the top of the screen it says BB mobile Powered by SPRINT ???? I will take the dive and try to rent a video in a little bit (BTW I'm running the Freshh Rom)

Waiting for edit 3 to see if you were able to watch a movie.... Thanks for the updates

Agent0Hibachi 08-11-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks (Post 1907309)
mspot movies is in the market place and it like the blockbuster app, it also offers a random free movie every week...

I'm going to have to check this out an see how it is... Appreciate the heads up on the app.

MWSlim 08-11-2010 03:40 PM

I downloaded from xda on my evo and got it registered and activated fine but it wont do anything. I cant even get it to list any movies. Ive tried on 3g and wifi

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

brownhornet 08-11-2010 04:08 PM

I got it to activate and try movies but havent tried to rent anything yet...

MWSlim 08-11-2010 05:01 PM

It just popped up in my task bar and said it was running. I opened it up and all seems to be working now. Ill rent a movie and report

princem131 08-11-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 1907485)

Edit 2.5: Downloading a movie now with no problems so far. WiFi downloads only and its sloooow! *Speed improved on my home wifi started downloading at the gym

Ok so after it finally downloaded I hit play and..... LICENSE EXPIRED. I got a big fail! For some reason its saying that the license expired even tho I just finished downloading. I checked my newly created BB online account (from my laptop) and I couldn't find any evidence of the download.

I am not going to try it again 1. because they did still charge me. 2. Because at the end of the day it just isnt that convenient. If it streamed maybe, but as a download service I just dont see the point. Why pay for a $4 rental when I could just download it to my computer for FREE and transfer to my sd card and watch it as often and for as long as I'd like (albeit illegally lol). I'll just wait for Netflix, I'd rather pay monthly for an unlimited streaming video library (even if lower quality) than having to pay per movie, download to my sd and only have a limited viewing window. Even if the Netflix app isnt free I'd still prefer this option as long as its a reasonable price.

Feel free to give it a shot but imho its just not worth it, even if it did work correctly. But the money was worth it tho, now we know lol.

Uninstalling now...

Agent0Hibachi 08-11-2010 10:12 PM

Yea the $4 price tag is a lot... An if thats just rental i rather just download an put on SD card... But maybe the netflix will be cheaper

MWSlim 08-12-2010 10:22 AM

After purchasing a movie i had the same results as the above poster. This morning i woke up to $3000 in fraudulent charges on my debit card. Hopefully this was just a coincidence.
Attempt with caution

SunnyGeek 08-12-2010 12:47 PM

I am already with Netflix so I will wait for them to come out with an app.