PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   If your phone wont go to sleep... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130822)

brownhornet 08-05-2010 09:09 AM

If your phone wont go to sleep...

...and you're using the TIKL push to talk app.. it's the culprit. I went into running applications and tried to force stop it and it wouldnt even stop. Uninstalled and no more sleep issues. I'm guessing this hasnt been updated for 2.2 yet.

rkiechle 08-05-2010 09:27 AM

Re: If your phone wont go to sleep...

don't forget to check other 3rd party apps, it is more than likely this exact problem with an APP... my 2.2 was not sleeping until i found the culprit (for me is was a battery widget)

brownhornet 08-05-2010 09:29 AM

Yea I knew it had to be an app or a widget. I thought it was the switch pro widget but I killed that and the issue came back a little later. Went into running services and saw TIKL... tried to kill it...it wouldnt die lol. Uninstalled and phone went right to sleep. Battery has been beasting ever since.

camscell 08-05-2010 11:11 PM

Mine won't sleep and I think it's swype :(

Sent from my EVO

apristel 08-05-2010 11:16 PM

If you updated FB the other day go reupdate it, it was preventing the phone from sleeping...

new update came out a little bit ago.

JeffKay 08-06-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1900840)
If you updated FB the other day go reupdate it, it was preventing the phone from sleeping...

new update came out a little bit ago.

Thank you so much.. I was pulling my hair out.

apristel 08-06-2010 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffKay (Post 1901014)
Thank you so much.. I was pulling my hair out.

You are welcome.

TheBundo 08-06-2010 03:35 AM

How can you tell if it's been sleeping as opposed to the screen just being off?

twilk 08-06-2010 05:30 AM

I amon 2.2 and I am using the TiKL app and my phone sleeps just fine. Just because its in running services doesnt mean its not allowing the phone to sleep. Also you can stop some running services but theyw ill pop back up because they are designed to run in the back ground. System panel is a great app. It will not only help you find the culprit for sleep issues but it has a help button that gives great descriptions of what and how android works.

brownhornet 08-06-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilk (Post 1901088)
I amon 2.2 and I am using the TiKL app and my phone sleeps just fine. Just because its in running services doesnt mean its not allowing the phone to sleep. Also you can stop some running services but theyw ill pop back up because they are designed to run in the back ground. System panel is a great app. It will not only help you find the culprit for sleep issues but it has a help button that gives great descriptions of what and how android works.

With it running my awake and uptime were the same.. deleted it and my battery life is better than ever.