PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   screen issues with ota sys (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128102)

jlechner 07-09-2010 02:28 AM

screen issues with ota sys

Any rom I try, custom or oem rooted, my screen decides that it is going to randomly recognize touches that aren't happening. Am I the only with this problem? Wondering if I should revert and try OTA non rooted. If the problem happens with it, then I know it's my device. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem?

UPDATE: Check post #47 for getting phone replaced.

thacounty 07-09-2010 02:38 AM

Re: screen issues with ota sys

Is this when connected to a charger?

Myst3ry 07-09-2010 03:22 AM

Holy crap!!! me too!!! haha... Sometimes i'll press something, and then the touch input goes haywire and starts doing random button presses and slides everywhere, then it just stops, but you can't do anything to the touch input until you turn off the screen and back on, then everything is fine... i also have times where the touch just stops working without any glitching about

Myst3ry 07-09-2010 03:23 AM

btw... all the times this has happened to me, it has NOT been on the charger....

thacounty 07-09-2010 03:25 AM

Ok maybe someone has a fix? This happens to me when I use a crappy charger.

MrDSL 07-09-2010 06:04 AM

Same here when I run a custom rom based off the new ota my screen does the same thing.

lse4 07-09-2010 08:47 AM

mine does the same thing its always like the top right mine clicks and then i cant even use the screen cause its stuck sumtimes. and its always on new custom roms cause my phone acts fine with OMJ v1.5 but when i try to use v1.6 it acts up

MrDSL 07-09-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lse4 (Post 1857702)
mine does the same thing its always like the top right mine clicks and then i cant even use the screen cause its stuck sumtimes. and its always on new custom roms cause my phone acts fine with OMJ v1.5 but when i try to use v1.6 it acts up

Is it always in the top left corner? I will sit there and literally watch it press and my hand isnt even near that area..

Hell I've had it remove stuff from my homescreen before..Its really crazy!!

When it happens the only thing I can do is hit the power button to shut the screen off and back on and its okay till the next time it starts doing it.

lse4 07-09-2010 09:15 AM

yeah mine deleted sum of my homescreen icons to then when i power it off sumtimes i cant slide the bar down cause my screen is frozen

jlechner 07-09-2010 12:59 PM

Being on the charger or not doesn't seem to make any difference. Like I said, I have tried all kinds of stuff. Using draw, it will even draw a line sometimes when I haven't. It's rare, but it will happen. On the homescreen, the htc weather keeps popping up, and sometimes the widget is waiting to be moved.

edit:
What revision do you all have? Mine is 2.