PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   I think I messed up my phone with Clockwork's Mod. Need help please! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125216)

firefli 06-15-2010 02:17 AM

I think I messed up my phone with Clockwork's Mod. Need help please!

I'm not sure what I did exactly. I did use toast's method to root, then I downloaded clockworks rom manager from the Market Place. I tried to use it to flash roms that were on my sd card but it never worked. I decided to go back and flash with the Shipped RUU but it would never make it to the bootloader. I tried to put in bootloader manually boot I can't seem to flash the Shipped RUU. I thought I'd try and download the OTA and when it rebooted It went to a red question mark and then rebooted with out any update to my phone. I think I messed up my recovery or bootloader. Any suggestions?

apristel 06-15-2010 02:23 AM

Re: I think I messed up my phone with Clockwork's Mod. Need help please!

I don't think you messed anything up...

What are you looking to do? flash the ruu? or a different rom?

firefli 06-15-2010 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1815779)
I don't think you messed anything up...

What are you looking to do? flash the ruu? or a different rom?

I'm just trying to un-root by using the Shipped RUU. It keeps getting hung up waiting for bootloader. I tried to manually start bootloader, but it doesn't seem to help. It's like its not there.

lawmangrant 06-15-2010 02:47 AM

OK...
Once in bootloader mode, after the program errors out, go into recovery.

After that, launch the recovery-windows.bat file from the evo-recovery folder, that will drop you into recovery, and then flash the ruu from the sd card option then.

Make sure the newest rom is on the ROOT of the sd card.

Hope that helps.

firefli 06-15-2010 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawmangrant (Post 1815804)
OK...
Once in bootloader mode, after the program errors out, go into recovery.

After that, launch the recovery-windows.bat file from the evo-recovery folder, that will drop you into recovery, and then flash the ruu from the sd card option then.

Make sure the newest rom is on the ROOT of the sd card.

Hope that helps.

I know I can do that but how do I get the stock rom in the right format. I haven't seen it in the zip format for flashing?

firefli 06-15-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefli (Post 1815805)
I know I can do that but how do I get the stock rom in the right format. I haven't seen it in the zip format for flashing?

I figured out my problem. The boatlooder driver wasn't loading properly in windows and so the Shipped RUU could never load it's stuff. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and it finally recognized my phone and continued.