PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   cant upload to youtube unless on wifi? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124532)

dave01978 06-09-2010 10:58 PM

cant upload to youtube unless on wifi?

So trying to upload a video onto youtube, but wont let me do it unless I am on wifi, says I need to connect to wifi to upload large files, any work arounds anyone found?

I dont feel like looking for my wifi key, and its a pita to do it when i am out

Ticklemepinks 06-09-2010 11:07 PM

Re: cant upload to youtube unless on wifi?

just got these hun, i think you can use qik and upload it to youtube without wifi tho don't quote me, but it didn't say anything when I tried to using qik, but I canceled it, but open the updated qik app and manage videos and then click the video and press share, it shows you wut networks you can upload to, um you have to sign in online to the qik website to enable facebook and twitter tho :-)

dave01978 06-09-2010 11:24 PM

Ill try that later, thanks for the idea. Kinda sucks that we pay for premium data, and they want us to use wifi for data

Ticklemepinks 06-10-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave01978 (Post 1805639)
Ill try that later, thanks for the idea. Kinda sucks that we pay for premium data, and they want us to use wifi for data

very tru but the fact of uploading 25mb plus on 3g network would kill servers probably but then again we can video chat on them... hun idk LOL

Ticklemepinks 06-24-2010 09:09 PM

random but has anyone found a better way?

Ticklemepinks 07-22-2010 06:03 AM

bump?? any better way

ChrisH09 07-22-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave01978 (Post 1805639)

Think of it this way....your connected to a tower where you are...your trying to upload a 20mb file over 3G data via Sprints network, Hundeds of other people are doing the same thing...if you were to upload at a constant rate for 2 hours lets say...those other people would either not be able to surf...or have very low speeds...Basically your all sharing a node (connection) on said tower...and if one or 2 of you is hogging the bandwidth....everyone else suffers. If you were one of those that was trying to use your connection and a few others were pegging the tower....you would probably feel the same way. This is why Sprint disabled uploading big files to youtube via your phone via 3G. Using Wifi is alot quicker...and more efficient than doing it over a mid level speed network.

Yeah you may be paying Premium Data...but it's really not enough to do huge files....Yet....

marctronixx 07-22-2010 07:40 AM

exactly, the network has enough of a hard time trying to keep your voice calls from dropping and to also make sure you are able to initiate calls, soft hand offs, etc. to add data to the mix, and dont forget the laptop cards are also asking for space in the bandwidth, takes loads of spectrum--which thankfully, sprint has.

if data took priority of voice calls, you all would complain about how sprints voice call quality sucks and blah blah blah.

sprints priority is voice calls as that is still their bread and butter at this time. we should not take for granted what these cell towers are doing behind the scenes for us...

clockcycle 07-22-2010 12:19 PM

Isn't that what that additional charge $10 Premium Data is for?:dontknow:

To handle such data usages/load because our phones are capable of so much more...:bs:

ChrisH09 07-22-2010 03:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle
Isn't that what that additional charge $10 Premium Data is for?:dontknow:

To handle such data usages/load because our phones are capable of so much more...:bs:

To answer a few postes backs comment...3G has nothing to do with voice calls..they are two seperate entities....neither one relies on the other. 3G/4G are on a seperate network all together. To answer the bandwith issue...3G on the sprint network caps out on average around 500k to 1mbps....each and every user accessing the tower your connected to is sharing bandwidth..in a sense the more people connected..the slower the connection you will get. Works the same way with 4G..now think if 100 people were uploading 20mb videos to youtube on the tower your connected to...you would be able to get good speeds...and vise versa... The $10 free is considered premium data..but not in the sense your thinking about. The charge is due to the fact the Evo is able to stream hd youtube videos..surf the web on 4G etc...not for continious substained downloads or uploads like you feel you should get...that is why the have disabled the upload via 3G/4G...and only through your wifi...Your cable/fiber/dsl has way more bandwith to play with that wont affect others nearly as much.

Easy enough just transfer your video from your phone to your pc and upload it that way.