PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Slow *3G* data speeds FIXED! with speedtest results (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124390)

knives of ice 06-17-2010 03:13 AM

Re: Slow *3G* data speeds FIXED! with speedtest results

i went from about 700kbit to 1.5kbit with the prl change. i think i'll still with the updated PRL. thanks alot for the tip

coolguy949 06-25-2010 12:53 PM

Anyone noticing slow speeds today? I posted this thread on AF before seeing this thread. I haven't tried the new PRL posted here. I'm using the latest one from Sprint.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...s-so-slow.html

meccadon123 06-25-2010 02:43 PM

Got 2nd evo today out of the box about .5mbps faster than the 1 i got june 4. noticed prl on new 1 was 60667...1st evo was 60666...updated prl now both are same speed.this definitely works.

TheBundo 06-25-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meccadon123 (Post 1837452)
Got 2nd evo today out of the box about .5mbps faster than the 1 i got june 4. noticed prl on new 1 was 60667...1st evo was 60666...updated prl now both are same speed.this definitely works.

Are you using the updated Sprint PRL, or the one from XDA? I'm on the updated Sprint one, and it's still pretty slow

wampuscat 06-26-2010 07:40 PM

Just so you know. That PRL trick will use your anytime minutes even on mobile to mobile calls. All you will get is free nights and weekends. And after 3 months you'll be cancelled because more than half your calls are roaming. It sux to cuz I was using it with great results. I was using it before my billing cycle just reset so I was able to go look at last months call usage. On historical it shows if you were off network , using plan minutes , free weekends , etc. And from the day I changed all my calls started showing up as off network. And it used my anytime minutes. This is the only time I ever came close to using them up.

hoosier_droid 06-26-2010 09:01 PM

This is a concern. I've checked most days using speedtest.net. I tried just now using mobilespeedtest.com and still came up with 375 kbps on the first try and then when I tried a longer test, it was 56 kbps. I tried my iPhone 3G and got 2.5 mbps.

brownhornet 06-26-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampuscat (Post 1839395)
Just so you know. That PRL trick will use your anytime minutes even on mobile to mobile calls. All you will get is free nights and weekends. And after 3 months you'll be cancelled because more than half your calls are roaming. It sux to cuz I was using it with great results. I was using it before my billing cycle just reset so I was able to go look at last months call usage. On historical it shows if you were off network , using plan minutes , free weekends , etc. And from the day I changed all my calls started showing up as off network. And it used my anytime minutes. This is the only time I ever came close to using them up.

I figured there would be a catch.. luckily I get good speeds anyway.

KrazyKevin76 06-27-2010 04:06 AM

Yeah, I read somewhere back in this post that sprint couldn't tell you were roaming or using verizon towers. They said it wouldn't show up on your bill. Well, luckily I have unlimited roaming data and talk. I was hit with about 7mbs of data charges on my current bill. But like I said, luckily I have unlimited roaming with data also. Just becareful. This does work in areas where there is a weak sprint signal, which is why I used it.