PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   hard reset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124379)

antjones21 06-09-2010 12:35 AM

hard reset

Anyone know how to hard reset the EVO when the power is off? My friend downloaded a game for her kid and the screen is black and she can't do anything on the screen.

antjones21 06-09-2010 12:46 AM

Re: hard reset

Nevermmind I figured it out here it is if anyone needs it:
•Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
•Hold the Volume Down button
•Press and release the Power button
•You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
•Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
•Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
•If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state

wbchristmas 06-15-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antjones21 (Post 1803135)
Nevermmind I figured it out here it is if anyone needs it:
•Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
•Hold the Volume Down button
•You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
•Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
•Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
•If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state

By doing a hard reset, what will I lose in terms of contacts, pictures, etc?

antjones21 06-15-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbchristmas (Post 1816349)
By doing a hard reset, what will I lose in terms of contacts, pictures, etc?

You will lose everything. A hard reset puts the phone back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. It really should only be done if you can't use your OS anymore or you have some other issue that will not go away. Make sure you back up your contacts and pictures before doing a hard reset. backing up contacts is easy if you set up your gmail account, all the contacts sync directly to gmail.

wbchristmas 06-15-2010 12:13 PM

Will it erase the SD Card as well?

antjones21 06-15-2010 12:17 PM

No it won't erase the SD card

wbchristmas 06-15-2010 12:19 PM

I don't have issues with it (yet) but I've heard that if you do a hard reset, then something something something about battery life blah blah blah...

Will it also cause me to lose Unrevoked Root?

dumpringz 06-15-2010 01:17 PM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

well that blah blah blah happen to add an amazing life to my battery. i sh!t u not .. i got frustrated after trying every other supposed fix. im told it likely wiped out something which caused it but couldnt even identify it as i mentioned in a dif thread .. hard reset was my last resort for help since nothing else helped. im at 66% n been using the phone hard like yesterday where sh!t was all but dead

wbchristmas 06-15-2010 02:16 PM

Were you rooted and if so, did you lose the root?

dumpringz 06-15-2010 06:09 PM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

yea unrevoked .... i ASSume im not anymore but idk how would i tell ?