PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   [Guide] Hide pictures, videos or other files. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123932)

karong 06-07-2010 01:53 PM

Re: [Guide] Hide pictures, videos or other files.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfuzion (Post 1798774)
No it doesnt. It allows you to hide pictures and it costs money. This is free and you can hide anything.

File Cover is free as well. But you're right i think it only works for pics, but thats good enough for me.

Konfuzion 06-07-2010 02:07 PM

The free version only lets you hide 12 pictures.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

karong 06-07-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfuzion (Post 1798899)
The free version only lets you hide 12 pictures.

You shouldn't have more than that to hide, sneaky sneaks lol

thabanga510 06-07-2010 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info everyone has something they gotta hide.

KBZL 06-07-2010 02:11 PM

I will be honest with you, be very careful when doing this with pictures. I did this months ago on a folder full of sexy pics of my girl, magically when I went back to check them a few days later, the folder was empty. I cant explain why and I never tried again.

Konfuzion 06-07-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBZL (Post 1798910)
I will be honest with you, be very careful when doing this with pictures. I did this months ago on a folder full of sexy pics of my girl, magically when I went back to check them a few days later, the folder was empty. I cant explain why and I never tried again.

It shouldnt be a problem. A folder with a . in front of it is a hidden system folder in Linux and windows and having a hidden system folder with any file in it will not cause it to be deleted. I have been doing this for a while now without any problems. Sounds like you had an unrelated issue maybe with your SD card or something, who knows that caused you to use your files.

bxblaze 06-07-2010 08:49 PM

thanx i found this useful. i was just wondering if there was an app for something like this.

Konfuzion 06-07-2010 08:53 PM

File cover will hide pictures for you but the free version will only let you hide 12.

f1n3st 06-08-2010 05:11 AM

i did this and for some reason both videos and pictures are showing in the gallery application, i went into settings and unchecked everything in the default selection, at first i noticed the videos were showing up in the videos app as well but i restarted and it didnt show anymore. does anyone else have this problem?

explicit1696 06-09-2010 04:33 AM

I use an app called "Photo Vault" for hiding pics. It works great!