PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   The EVO DOES NOT support voice dial over Bluetooth!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123850)

aruz 06-06-2010 04:18 AM

The EVO DOES NOT support voice dial over Bluetooth!!!

Got the EVO yesterday and today I find out that it does not support voice dial with BT devices.

This is a deal braker for me and I might return the EVO tomorrow and go back to my old HTC Touch PRO with Winblows Mobile.

After trying everything I could and even after installing choice dialer I couldn't get the BT device to work (as it should) for voice dialing (or voice command).

The BT support on the EVO is a big joke!!!

After pairing the BT device with the EVO I pressed the 'call' button on the BT and instead of requesting a command it just redialed the last number.

Made a call with the BT connected and the sound was only on the speaker phone and in the phone mic.

Got an incoming call and answered wit the BT but when tried to end the call with the BT didn't work.

Music seems to work fine with the BT though... but phone sounds randomly work on the BT and/or speaker phone.

fenixjn 06-06-2010 04:51 AM

Re: The EVO DOES NOT support voice dial over Bluetooth!!!

Well I had a similar issue with my motorola hd9. The Headphones would connect but the music would come out on the speakerphone. Then I found out That holding the device on the bluetooth settings and reconnecting the device produced what I actually wanted... It Seems the evo bluetooth needs some kind of refresh after the initial pairing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BLawicki 06-06-2010 07:22 AM

Has to do with STACK version...Had the same prob with TP2 initially. Try a different BT headset. You will be pleasantly surprised.

ChrisH09 06-06-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aruz (Post 1795889)
Got the EVO yesterday and today I find out that it does not support voice dial with BT devices.

This is a deal braker for me and I might return the EVO tomorrow and go back to my old HTC Touch PRO with Winblows Mobile.

After trying everything I could and even after installing choice dialer I couldn't get the BT device to work (as it should) for voice dialing (or voice command).

The BT support on the EVO is a big joke!!!

After pairing the BT device with the EVO I pressed the 'call' button on the BT and instead of requesting a command it just redialed the last number.

Made a call with the BT connected and the sound was only on the speaker phone and in the phone mic.

Got an incoming call and answered wit the BT but when tried to end the call with the BT didn't work.

Music seems to work fine with the BT though... but phone sounds randomly work on the BT and/or speaker phone.

Ok, I just read up on it...your correct..the Evo doesn't support Bluetooth Dialing "Yet"...but that is no reason to take it back? You can still voice dial via the phone itself...then it will connect to the headset...either way from what I hear, the Evo 4G will have support for Voice Dial via Bluetooth headset with the new release of Android 2.2....So think to yourself weather or not its worth it to take it back, and then have to do it all over again a few months from now, well maybe more than a few months...Doesn't the Evo offer more +'s that -'s? I think so..1 item not to your liking should deture you from keeping it...

redd214 06-06-2010 07:52 AM

bluetooth voice dialing will be implemented with froyo. android as polished as it is is still less than 2 years old, its still a baby. some things will be missing, we are still early adapters for the most part if you think about it.

fenixjn 06-06-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1795952)
Ok, I just read up on it...your correct..the Evo doesn't support Bluetooth Dialing "Yet"...but that is no reason to take it back? You can still voice dial via the phone itself...then it will connect to the headset...either way from what I hear, the Evo 4G will have support for Voice Dial via Bluetooth headset with the new release of Android 2.2....So think to yourself weather or not its worth it to take it back, and then have to do it all over again a few months from now, well maybe more than a few months...Doesn't the Evo offer more +'s that -'s? I think so..1 item not to your liking should deture you from keeping it...

I think it depends on how he is using the phone. If he is on his car constantly I can see why voice dialing is a very important feature for the phone, I would even consider that missing feature a "deal breaker" if it was essential for the job... but only on a circumstance like that.

chino331 06-06-2010 08:27 AM

Anyone here having problems with the BT headset working when dialing using the Google Voice number? BT headset works fine on regular calls, but when using Google Voice the BT headset won't work.

aruz 06-06-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixjn (Post 1795981)
I think it depends on how he is using the phone. If he is on his car constantly I can see why voice dialing is a very important feature for the phone, I would even consider that missing feature a "deal breaker" if it was essential for the job... but only on a circumstance like that.

Well for people that lives in states that is illegal to use the phone while driving with no 'hands free' system (like BT) could get a ticket if they are caught talking on the phone, so they are going to have to put the phone down while driving and wait for the FROYO release from Sprint.

I'm going to call Sprint and ask them when they are planning to do the FROYO update...

glidersgalore 06-21-2010 04:41 PM

I got the Blueant Q1, which is a voice controlled headset. Plus if you look in the market, there is an app to work with the Q1 that allows voice dialing, txt and emails to be read to you and more.

brownhornet 06-21-2010 05:01 PM

How in the world is something so minor such a big deal to folks? Sounds lazy to me unless you're a truck driver.