PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   How does music sound with bluetooth (A2DP)? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123794)

eglynum 06-05-2010 06:03 PM

How does music sound with bluetooth (A2DP)?

Is anyone listening to music with bluetooth A2DP on the EVO? Does it have those crackling highs?

Non-windows phones usually have the bluetooth bitpool locked at 30-ish, which is okay for voice but bad for music. Is the bitpool adjustable in android phones yet (locked or unlocked)?

eglynum 06-06-2010 06:54 AM

Re: How does music sound with bluetooth (A2DP)?

I guess you're all too busy rooting, 4G-ing, and setting up you're new toy to be just sitting around listening to music. :)

fenixjn 06-06-2010 07:01 AM

Yes I had mine connected to both a Motorola HD9 and a Pioneer car stereo (I cant recall the model of the top of my head).

On both cases audio quality was very good. No crackling or weird pitch.

eglynum 06-07-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixjn (Post 1795938)
audio quality was very good. No crackling or weird pitch.

That's good to hear. I wonder what the actual bluetooth bitpool is set at. Anything less than 48 sounds bad to me.

Meanee 06-07-2010 05:34 PM

Worked great in my car. Problem is, it will still try to send music over bluetooth even if I have headphones plugged in. So for example, if gf wants to watch a video while I am driving, and phone is connected to car's sound system, no headphones for her, and I am listening to that, instead of the radio.

fenixjn 06-07-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meanee (Post 1799433)
Worked great in my car. Problem is, it will still try to send music over bluetooth even if I have headphones plugged in. So for example, if gf wants to watch a video while I am driving, and phone is connected to car's sound system, no headphones for her, and I am listening to that, instead of the radio.

I guess it is because the phone assumes that the car stereo is a headphone since they use the same profile.

LeoDit 06-16-2010 10:36 PM

I am using a plantronics backbeat 903 Bluetooth stereo headset. The sound is fine. However the music pauses intermittently for a few milliseconds to several seconds - very annoying. I cannot reproduce this with wired headset or built-in speaker. Any ideas?

Thx,
LeoDit

NuLLKiLL 06-16-2010 10:57 PM

The bitrate sounds as high as I could hack out of the Touch Pro I believe 96. I have some high end Sony bluetooths with 24 bit DACs I will test and let you know one sec.

Coming from someone who has a stereo and speakers costing over 2K used at the best prices I could find.... It sounds as good as my TP which was at the highest setting possible.

Fabulas 06-16-2010 11:23 PM

mine sounds as good as my TP2

Lacrosse 06-17-2010 09:03 PM

using a moto s305 with my evo, music sounds fine but i do notice that when notification sounds turn on the music pauses for a second, anyone know if thats just a function of android and if theres anything that can be done about it? I'm used to WM where all the sounds just merge in to one stream and it just all plays at once